Touchdown Ventures is expanding our team and we are currently seeking an MBA intern to join Touchdown Ventures for the summer.
This will be an in-person internship basedin one of our offices (Chicago, Los Angeles, Philadelphia or San Francisco).
This candidate will work closely with the team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on researching specific industries of interest to the firm, sourcing new investment opportunities, and conducting due diligence. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
- Conduct research on sectors of interest to the firm
- Identify target companies and source attractive investment opportunities
- Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
- Assist team in building internal firm reporting models
- Evaluate business plans from prospective investment opportunities
- Assist with due diligence
The last day to apply is January 31st.
Candidates should be extremely positive and flexible. You must be detail-oriented and a self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial environment. Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably a first-year MBA, and the ability to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical skills
- Strong competency in Excel – experience with databases & data manipulation is a plus
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ – constantly searching for new ways of doing things
- Excellent writing and presentation (PowerPoint) skills including knowledge of grammar, spelling, and word usage
- Must be a team player whose superior communication skills facilitate working with entrepreneurs and technical professionals inside and outside the organization
- Exemplary follow through with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn about venture capital
- Legally qualified to work in the U.S