Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 40 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Nike, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Director to lead our newest accelerator in Texas. The Director oversees execution & support of all activities relating to the accelerator’s focus areas which will comprise a variety of industries (incl. Advanced Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense, Healthcare, and more). The Director works closely with the Founding Partner, Cedar Park Economic Development, on defining the programming to benefit local startups, corporations, investors, universities, and the community at large. Activities include deal review sessions, startup investments, corporate partnership management, mentor sessions, EXPOs, Selection Days, office hours, etc. This role provides a unique opportunity to collaborate with entrepreneurs and top executives at major corporations, while also managing the execution of a program designed to provide business development and investment opportunities to later-stage companies.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Operationally oversee and maintain accountability of program
- Create and foster partnerships with leading Fortune 500 companies in the region
- Actively engage with executives at corporate sponsors to identify key strategic priorities, innovation gaps, and potential opportunities to partner with Plug and Play
- Oversee execution of startup mentorship sessions, startup/corporate meetings, and program activities
- Marketing and communications, including planning of program marketing, outreach, and partner and startup recruitment campaigns
- Mentor management, including outreach and communication with accelerator mentors and advisors
- Community management, including planning and execution of events and activities for all stakeholders affiliated with the accelerator
- Focus on building a strong ecosystem to support the program inclusive of leading startups, engaged corporate partners, mentors, and best-in-class events
- Identify opportunities for growth in Cedar Park, including new programs, partnerships and initiatives.
- Work closely with the team to analyze and build best practices and develop accountability
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and their relevance to Cedar Park/Central Texas.
- Represent Plug and Play Cedar Park and its innovation ecosystem at major conferences in the US as well as abroad
- Ensure that all stakeholders perceive value from the accelerator
- Build a strong program that helps entrepreneurs improve their product and tap into Plug and Play’s global network
- Budget and schedule adherence
- Recruitment of ecosystem players (investors, universities and corporations) to participate in the accelerator programs leading to 100% year-on-year revenue growth
- One Event / meetup per month (regardless of whether the program is in session)
- Two Selection Days per year, preceding each batch
- Two EXPOs per year, concluding each batch
- Focus Week - executing a week of concentrated activities for out-of-town guests (programming includes but is not limited to: mentor sessions, office hours, VC networking functions)
- Maintain a local network of 50+ high quality mentor relationships
- Postgraduate degree in Business Management or related field (preferred)
- 5-10 years’ experience in industry initiatives, startup or investing environment
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities
- Experience managing events and coordinating stakeholders
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Background in supply chain or advanced manufacturing and preexisting network across Fortune 1000 companies in Central Texas strongly preferred.