TCG Capital Management (“TCG”) is an investment firm based in Los Angeles and San Francisco which invests in consumer internet, media, commerce, sports, and wellness companies. Investments include Headspace, Barstool Sports, The Action Network, The Athletic, Hodinkee, Surfline, Scopely, Everlywell as well as many others.
TCG is looking for a junior team member to join the team for a two-year program and play a critical role in driving the thinking and learning of our team. As an Analyst, you will be a key player in the development of our investment theses, identification of potential investments, and our deep due diligence processes. You’ll also work with our portfolio companies, helping them be awesome businesses. We have a track record of working with world-class consumer brands, we go to work for our portfolio companies, and we will mentor and develop you into the best investment professional you can be.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Explore big-picture investment themes and dig deep into ways to take advantage of emerging consumer trends.
- Dive head-first into markets - conducting market mapping, competitive analysis, and deep research.
- Educate our investment team and push our thinking to the next level by helping prepare thoughtful materials on potential investments and new ideas.
- Work with our portfolio companies across a variety of cross-functional projects to help them build bigger, better businesses.
Candidate Background & Attributes
- Likely worked for a year or two in investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital or at a fast-growing start-up in business development or strategy.
- You obsess over attention to detail, are highly organized and love to learn new things.
- Hard-charging self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and passion for unearthing the next compelling consumer business.
- You are a hustler – quickly gathering and synthesizing information, learning on the fly, and drawing insightful and informed conclusions.
- You thrive in both team-based and self-directed environments, constantly on your toes and adapting to the priorities and tasks at hand.
- You have excellent communication skills and aren’t afraid to ask questions, form educated opinions, and speak your mind.
- You are a champion of TCG's core values of inclusivity, diversity, education and access.