At HV, the Growth Team leads investments in high-growth companies at the Series B stage and beyond, with investments from €10m to €60m. Past investments from this team include exciting companies like Solarisbank, JOKR, Enpal, and others.
HV is currently looking for new talent for this team.
In this role, you will work on:
- Analyze investment opportunities. Thoroughly assess strategic fit, conduct market research, product reviews, competitor and KPI analysis, and customer/user reviews.
- Develop and assess in-depth financial models and KPI analysis.
- Prepare investment decisions and documentation.
- Support stakeholder management. Learn how to structure investments, the long-term effects of cap tables and deal terms.
- Build relationships for HV in the startup and VC community and be an ambassador for our firm
- Independently build tech expertise. Uncover promising business models and develop an investment thesis.
- Work within the Growth Team on funding rounds, financial modelling etc. for existing portfolio companies.
- Track and support the portfolio (e.g. KPI and business plan tracking, monthly reporting).
- Analyse the company's effectiveness, projections and trajectory.
- Oversee portfolio announcements and PR messaging.
- Support the partners in working at a board level with the portfolio.
Our Analyst program runs for two years. You will work with the partners and principals from the growth team. Moreover, you will benefit from our wide range of experience. After the program, we help find career paths within or outside our firm.
- We find that academic backgrounds tell a lot about ambition levels and achievements. But we also know grit can be shown otherwise.
- You will benefit from a degree in Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business. Or others that trained you in solid financial aptitude.
- It helps if you have spent a year or two in a similar industry, e.g. Investment Banking, Private Equity or a quantitative role in Consulting. Yet we have seen talent with excellent financial modelling abilities from other backgrounds.
- We cannot emphasise too much that critical and numerical thinking will set you up for great results in this role. We use cognitive abilities tests in our selection process thereof.
- Venture Capital is a facts-driven but pragmatic profession. Hence, people who can synthesise and present complex data will thrive.
- We maintain a self-managed work style and support new joiners to be productive and self-reliant.
- You got to love entrepreneurs as much as we do, and we are slightly obsessed with tech startups. So should you.
- It is tremendously helpful if you are a clear communicator.
- You must be fluent in English. It is beneficial if you can take part in German office banter.