The role sits within the Ascension Ventures team, an early-stage venture capital firm built by exited operators to back the next generation of tech and impact entrepreneurs. Since 2013, Ascension has invested in 100+ start-ups. Our specialist approach and extensive sector reach allow us to identify and scale pioneering tech enterprises.
About the Role - tell the story of the Ascension Portfolio
- Build Portfolio Relationships & Community across all Ascension Funds: build productive relationships at all levels across Ascension portfolio companies that inspire trust, community, collaboration and provide support.
- Content Marketing: our 100+ portfolio companies have a story to tell, and we want you to be the person in charge of telling it to other investors and companies we will work with in the future. You’ll be running our newsletters, PR and marketing campaigns.
- Events: raising Ascension’s profile - managing our multiple events (internal and external) from start to finish; logistics, speakers and working with external suppliers.
- Investor Updates: manage investor updates with the Portfolio.
- General Support: work closely with the Managing Partner across all aspects of the business (existing and prospective).
- Independent work: special projects as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant subject, or demonstrable evidence of knowledge gained from other sources and/or experience.
- Can give examples of developing communications and/or campaigns that promoted programme messages or raised the profile of a programme.
- Built strategic partnerships with significant sector stakeholders that successfully influenced decisions, facilitated change or unlocked key decision-makers.
- Evidence of managing a large and/or diverse portfolio of work, showing strong project management skills and excellent written communication ability.
- Understanding of social media channels and best ways to utilise them for maximum exposure.
- Impressive written and verbal communication skills.
- Organisational ability enables them to plan, strategise and implement.
- Can positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the company.
- Has the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Is able to problem solve without supervision or guidance.
- Has a high level of professionalism.
- Is able to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in all interactions.
- Thrives in an agile, fast paced working environment.
- Passionate about working in venture capital and the technology/impact sectors.
- Team player.
Ascension is a small but growing team and will expect the candidate to evidence an ability to grow and adapt accordingly.
Apply Here (application form closes on Monday, 31st May, 2021)