The principle functions include investment analysis, due diligence, investment recommendation, investment monitoring, and fund reporting.
Job Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of private equity markets and financial expertise.
In depth Due Diligence on Promising Investment Prospects: 60%
- Perform in-depth due diligence on promising investment prospects including making reference calls, conducting independent research, performing portfolio company analysis and benchmarking performance against peers.
Initial Review of Primary Partnership Investment Opportunities: 15%
- Proactively source and evaluate primary partnerships (U.S. and non-U.S.).
- As part of a team, analyze investment opportunities through reviewing new partnership offering memoranda, updating the internal database, scheduling and actively participating in meetings with partnership groups seeking capital and performing preliminary due diligence.
- Present preliminary assessment and view of new opportunities to the Partnership Group and recommend investments to the Managing Directors.
- Actively source deal flow and pursue interesting opportunities.
Fund Management, Annual and Quarterly Reports: 10%
- As part of Fund Teams IV and V, assist with reporting on HarbourVest Funds IV and V.
- Write the Manager's letter for these funds.
- Review in detail the annual and semi-annual reports for these funds.
- Pull together and analyze materials for partnership review and write-ups including updating exhibits and writing portfolio summaries.
- Prepare materials for the annual meeting.
- Work to proactively improve upon standard materials and to better communicate key elements of the Funds' performance to clients.
Partnership Investment Monitoring: 8%
- Monitor primary partnership investments through attendance at annual meetings, reviewing quarterly and annual reports and listening to portfolio update conference calls.
- Build and enhance relationships with fund managers. Prepare quarterly status reports.
Special Projects: 5%
- Prepare industry research and ad hoc internal and client requests including RFPs, cash flows and other requests.
Source Deal Flow for Direct and Secondary Opportunities: 1%
- Uncover and refer interesting direct and secondary opportunities internally and facilitate/assist with the initial assessment of those opportunities.
Build Network: 1%
- Work to expand internal network and knowledge base through continuing to meet with and work with professionals at HarbourVest.
- 1-3 years experience in private equity or related financial services