3VC is a European venture capital fund that invests in a carefully handpicked group of European technology startups with global ambition. Focusing on Series A, 3VC’s entrepreneurial team provides tireless support and access to an international co-investment network of VC partners. 3VC’s portfolio includes category-defining companies like Assaia, Kaia Health, Lokalise, PicsArt, Tatum and Storyblok.
While our team is complete at the moment, we are always on the lookout for exceptional people willing to build a career in venture capital or a startup.
As an Associate or Summer Associate you will become an integral part of our investment team. Your primary role will be to find and evaluate startups for investment by 3VC as well as to structure investment processes and support portfolio companies. We interact with a large number of businesses, and it’s important to quickly and thoroughly prioritize, filter and assess. Outbound lead generation is key, as well as thematic research and relationship building with the most ambitious founders across Europe - often and ideally before they start actively looking for funding.
In our team, you will be
- sourcing potential investment opportunities across Europe (DACH and CEE)
- building strong relationships with founders of high growth companies and top international investors
- researching potential investments, which will likely require testing products and services
- supporting due diligence through the investment process, including market assessment, reference calls, analysis of unit economics, financial planning and modeling, etc.
- supporting portfolio companies as they grow their business. This could include analyzing competitors, market opportunities or attending board meetings.
- You will have the opportunity to grow and develop in your role, working with stellar founding teams and taking on board responsibilities.
- Usually, after two years you can decide to continue as an investor, join one of our portfolio companies or build your own company.
- You will be based in Vienna – the most livable city in the world – and will interact with startup founders and teams and top investors across Europe, the UK, and the US.
- You will be joining a team of 8 working together in an open and straightforward culture with flat hierarchies.
- You will receive a complimentary public transport ticket and work at a carbon-neutral company that actively tackles climate change
- You will work with Apple OS and devices (laptop, mobile phone)
- You will work from a beautiful office in the 1st district in Vienna with the option of home-office/remote work.
- You will receive an attractive remuneration package starting at € 55.000 gross annually (on a full-time, all-in basis) with a willingness to pay more depending on qualifications and experience. Also, all team members are entitled to invest in the fund and/or to participate in the success (carry).
The Person we’re looking for
- Has a passion for the ecosystem of software and technology.
- We expect curiosity, someone who naturally spends their spare hours learning and looking at new and innovative stuff that can impact the way we live and work.
- You will be a driven self-starter. Your work and time are open-ended by nature, and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with modest management/direction.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of German or in an Eastern European language is a plus
- Able to hold your own and represent 3VC.
- It’s important you work well in a team of equals.
- You have founded or taken a key role in a startup.
- You have gained experience or exposure to equity transactions as an investor or founder.