Peak is expanding its team in Amsterdam. With the launch of our 5th fund, we’re looking for a new team member to search for and invest in the best tech companies.
In this job, you will talk with the most ambitious entrepreneurs, discuss the latest technologies and find the best companies to invest in. We are looking for someone with bold ambitions and a passion for entrepreneurship and technology. You have worked at the investment side in VC or as an angel before. Preferably, have (tried) to build your own business or have operating experience at a fast-growing startup.
- Deal sourcing: You will scout the best opportunities by talking to the most promising entrepreneurs. You will be continuously (mostly virtually) meeting entrepreneurs, visiting events, connecting with other VC’s or scan through lists of startups to make sure we see the right opportunities at the right time.
- Building the Peak brand: You will build the Peak brand by representing us at various pitching events, startup conferences, investor meet-ups, own events, etc. You will continuously look for opportunities to take the stage or publish content to strengthen the Peak brand.
- Deal assessment: You will perform in-depth research to evaluate these opportunities. This involves communicating with founders, analysing markets and competition, testing products, doing market research, and calling clients and industry experts.
You will flourish in the role if
- You have a heart for entrepreneurship and a huge passion for tech startups.
- You have strong communication and commercial skills.
- You’re a self-starter and like working in a fast-paced environment, know how to prioritize, and get things done.
- You are curious about new technologies and are a fast learner.
- You have 2–5 years of experience at the investment side in VC or as an angel. Preferably, you had your own startup before or one of the first employees of a fast-growing startup.
- You have a strong business sense, you love to work with people, teams, and quickly understand numbers.
- You are well-connected in the Benelux entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- You are fluent in English.
Please apply only before November 20th. This job is for people who are based in the Benelux. Applications from other locations will be automatically rejected.