500 Global is a venture capital firm with more than USD $2.7 billion in assets under management that invests in founders building fast-growing technology companies. We invest early, and have follow-on and growth stage investing funds as well. We focus on markets where technology, innovation, and capital can unlock long-term value and drive economic growth. We invest far and wide, across sectors and geographies. Our portfolio includes 51 companies valued at USD $1B+ and 180 companies valued at more than USD $100 million.
500 Southeast Asia is an early investor in Grab, Bukalapak, Carousell, Carsome, Prenetics and Finaccel, with 15 more of our portfolio companies worth in excess of USD $100 million each. We have made investments in 250 companies, which have gone on to raise a total of USD $20 billion. We are at an inflection point of growth, where our fund sizes, vehicles, strategies, are expanding in line with our investors interests, and the market opportunities. Hence, we are growing our team to serve even more founders and be even more impactful to entrepreneurship and the region.
What We Need
The Senior Associate (Investor Relations & Fundraising) will support capital formation and management of investor relations through maintaining and developing capital formation assets, supporting strategy and structuring of relationships, and managing due diligence and communication exercises. This will also include generating new Limited Partner (LP) leads and prospects. This role will work cross-functionally, monitoring and optimizing for capital formation and relationship development opportunities. More details below.
Who Are You
We have sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more entrusting us with their capital. You are a magnet for that. You strategize, organize, and execute the increase in assets under management. This means you'll pick up that phone, take the meetings, wine, dine (over Zoom as well), and convey our fund proposition to the right people. You'll work directly with the General Partners.
Apart from that, you share our passion for uplifting people and economies around the world through entrepreneurship. You thrive in entrepreneurial, creative, fast-paced environments managing multiple time zones and working with people around the world from different backgrounds and cultures. You have exceptional communication skills, organizational skills, keen attention to detail and a strong ability to manage relationships and projects, start-to-end.
What You Will Do
- Actively source, contact and build relationships with potential Limited Partners (LPs) (funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more).
- Cultivate and build relationships with LPs, identifying their unique interests and investment needs.
- Support the firm’s investor relations needs by preparing or updating marketing materials (e.g., decks, pitch books, monthly fact sheets, quarterly letters) and preparing responses for DDQs and other information requests, collaborating with other teams such as Legal, Finance and Data, as appropriate. Work with potential investors through their diligence, subscription and onboarding process.
- Maintain and manage a CRM system of relationships and qualified leads, and generate analyzed and actionable summary reports on a routine basis. Drive projects related to lead generation, sales pipeline, and organising fundraising roadshows. Identify and implement optimizations to the capital formation process (tools, technology, general process, etc).
- Work closely with others in the firm to understand and articulate its history, investment strategy and process, market positioning, and competitive advantages. Collaborate with the Global IR team members on cross-selling opportunities.
- Prepare tailored communications and regular content for Limited Partners, such as monthly newsletters, coverage of portfolio companies, and investment partner views. Collaborate with team members to provide insights of value to Limited Partners.
- Support execution of virtual and in-person events for Limited Partners, including general meetings, preview days and portfolio meetings.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, law or related fields.
- 3+ years’ professional experience in capital formation and / or investor relations at a venture capital / private equity firm, asset manager or high growth venture-backed company.
- Proven experience developing and optimizing marketing materials and managing due diligence requests.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail, thorough, organized and self-motivated.
- Sales-driven personality.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and ability to analyze fund performance
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel / Sheets and Powerpoint / Slides. Familiarity with CRM and database software.
- Excellent deck design and data visualisation skills.
- Ability to multitask between projects and deliverables and maintain a high level of accountability.
- Comfortable with working in an unstructured, cross-culture, global environment with high expectations.
- Ability to handle high volumes of information and processing with high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ambitious, curious, passionate about startup culture, venture capital and technology
- Comfortable with irregular working hours and extensive travel, sometimes at short notice.
500 Global collects and processes personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a California Job Applicant see the privacy notice for further details.