Role: Venture Capital Senior Associate/Principal
Note: this job posting was previously uploaded and we are reviewing resumes that were submitted to the previous posting from a few days ago. You do not need to submit your resume twice if you already applied.
Who We Are: Mucker Capital is a leading venture capital firm specializing in Pre-Seed and Seed investments in software-enabled startups. The firm also operates MuckerLab, one of the top-rated startup accelerator programs in North America.
Who You Are: We’re looking for a high-energy investor to join our team to help identify and source early-stage investments in world-class startups.
Though we do not have an office in Chicago, we are looking for someone to be based in Chicago to cover the Midwest region for us. You will work from home or a coworking space. We are not looking for candidates who do not already have strong existing ties to the Midwest.
You will have significant day one responsibility which requires an entrepreneurial mind that wants to be challenged and stretched. We are a small, integrated team building a world-class venture capital organization and top accelerator.
- Source new investment opportunities, with a focus on the Midwest and Mountain regions
- Evaluate opportunities for investment, assess investment risks, and analyze financial data
- Manage your own investment funnel, guiding deals from initial conversation through to execution
- Conduct market research on and evaluate competitive products and services, and the demand for these competitive products and services, developing a POV on behalf of the firm
- Develop and deliver presentations to the firm’s partners regarding potential investments and existing portfolio companies
- Build high-impact resources for a growing portfolio and provide one-on-one portfolio support
- Represent Mucker Capital and extend the firm’s brand within our core markets of the U.S. and Canada
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has 5-10 years of full-time work experience
- Has strong existing ties to the Midwest and a desire to be based in Chicago long-term
- Holds a BA/BS from a top undergraduate institution; MBA optional
- Is a self-starter comfortable with a remote-first role that will require a high degree of experimentation and self-directed learning
- Ability to quantitatively analyze the performance of a startup is required (must have understanding of key metrics and basic financial analysis skills)
- Has previous experience in VC, startups, or sales
- Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills; ability to ramp quickly on the subject matter and synthesize salient information into succinct verbal and written communication
- An insatiable appetite for new, innovative ideas
- Natural networker who loves to meet new entrepreneurs