Eka Ventures is a $95m early stage, UK based venture capital firm that invests in consumer technology companies building a healthy, inclusive and sustainable economy. Jon Coker, Camilla Dolan and Andrew Richardson founded Eka on three core principles:
- The most successful companies of the next 20 years will be built to solve a clear social or environmental challenge. We call this building shared value.
- Technology companies that help shift our consumption models to better serve society are one of today’s largest shared value opportunities.
- The single biggest driver of success in the companies we back is the founder(s) ability to develop their leadership through huge shifts in operational complexity as the company scales.
These principles form the bedrock of our strategy. We are integrating impact into mainstream commercial venture capital, we focus on consumer technology companies and we are building a different approach to founder assessment.
We recently started deploying from our first fund, have made our first five investments and we are now building the team to help us take Eka to the next level.
The Associate role is a great opportunity for a curious research driven individual with a passion for impact to play a major role in shaping our approach and impacts every stage of the investment process.
The role will cover three connected areas:
- Thought leadership & Deal Sourcing: Research emerging technologies that have the potential to lead to step changes in environmental sustainability and health (For example developing a thesis on the technologies that will decarbonise transport). Use this research to build expertise, raise Eka’s profile and identify potential investments.
- Due Diligence Support: Support the Partners with market and competitor research during due diligence on potential investments.
- Portfolio Support & Impact Reporting: Build Eka’s approach to impact screening, assessment and reporting, lead on creating Eka’s annual impact report and support portfolio companies on their approach to impact and ESG reporting.
Required skills & experience:
The role requires someone who is curious, has strong research skills, and can engage with senior leaders and turn complex analysis into insightful, actionable and easily digestible content. Specifically we are looking for someone who:
- is deeply interested in the application of emerging technologies to build category defining businesses that create positive system change and the measurement of the resulting environmental and social impact
- can turn a concept into reality with a high level of independence .
- can produce engaging content that can articulate complex concepts in an understandable way
- is a proactive self starter who wants to build a strong network within the impact investment ecosystem
We believe the right person is likely to have at least two years post graduate experience in a high performance, high pace environment that requires the combination of research and engaging with commercial leaders. Specifically we are looking for someone with:
- strong academics
- experience running research independently using both hard and soft skills
- an interest in social and environmental impact measures
- experience turning complex concepts in to easily digestible, well designed content
- likely has 2+ years of full time work experience
Required attitude and values:
We are looking for someone with a passionate interest in the intersection of emerging technology and societal impact and who wants to be involved in building a new VC firm from the start. You will have a huge amount of autonomy to shape the role and will need to be a self starter with a strong growth mindset that enjoys working in an unstructured environment.
The role is a full time member of the foundational Eka team
It will include:
- an attractive compensation packaging, including carried interest.
- a personal development budget.
- an ability to become a thought leader in an emerging field.
This role will be at least 3 days a week in London. To apply for the role please email Camilla Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV.