When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
SVB Startup Banking is focused on engaging and building deep and authentic relationships with early-stage founders, investors, and ecosystem partners to improve their probability of success. Early-stage constituencies include accelerators and incubators, law firms, universities, and industry groups, along with seed and early-stage VC investors.
The Portfolio Management Associate role is responsible for increasing founder success with the management of an assigned client portfolio in collaboration with VPs, Directors, and Managing Directors.
Our New York team is curious, bright, and diverse in professional and personal background made up of founders, former operators from companies like Instagram and MongoDB, former VCs, and former bankers from JP Morgan and Morgan Stanley. We are looking for someone who has an affinity for innovation. Our ideal teammate will have hustle – creating unique solutions to help our founders succeed and have the best banking experience possible.
- Facilitate new founder onboarding journey though client outreach, client onboarding, portfolio management, credit/regulatory tracking and identifying cross-sell opportunities.
- Maintain a deep understanding of SVB’s products and anticipate clients’ needs for these products (e.g., credit cards, letters of credit, foreign exchange, treasury management and private banking).
- Represent the SVB Banking platform by sharing your knowledge of banking products and resources out in the market (participating in panels, outbound client acquisition etc.) Externally you will be a trusted source for topics related to early-stage startups and the New York Technology ecosystem.
- Collaborate with internal teams (SVB Capital, SVB Private Bank, SVB Commercial Bank etc.) to leverage all SVB’s resources in support of our founders.
- Analyze and manage internal and external data sources to identify top clients and prospects in the technology community of Greater New York, determine potential cross-sell opportunities, predict fundraising needs, and extract industry trends.
- Assist VPs with new business development opportunities, events, and strategic initiatives. A successful candidate will engage in staying up to date on technology and startup trends, having familiarity with platforms like Pitchbook, Crunchbase and other resources.
- A strong interest in the tech/startup industry and desire to understand market dynamics, trends, and investor relationships.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with effective time management in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and comfortable making data-informed decisions.
- Desire to gain knowledge and develop new skills (between regulatory changes and innovation trends, the ability to adapt and stay informed is essential).
- Strong written and communication skills (this includes working in fully virtual, hybrid, and in-office scenarios. Asynchronous collaboration is key).
- Community-building experience.
- Strong founder empathy, ability to understand the various challenges that come with entrepreneurship.
- A great attitude, and a willingness to embrace (and drive) change as we continually improve processes and products.
- Interest in innovation ecosystem (startups, entrepreneurship, banking) and a passion to learn about commercial banking.
- 1+ years of related experience (startup or banking experience a bonus).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
For nearly forty years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) and its subsidiaries have helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB Financial Group's businesses, including Silicon Valley Bank, offer commercial, investment and private banking, asset management, private wealth management, brokerage and investment services and funds management services to companies in the technology, life science and healthcare, private equity and venture capital, and premium wine industries. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, SVB Financial Group operates in centers of innovation around the world.
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.