B Capital is looking for an Associate or Senior Associate, based in Indonesia. While the role will focus on the full investment cycle, there is a preference for early-growth stage investing, with a candidate who has an incredible drive to assist in the investment process from end-to-end for our Southeast Asia fund team. Primary responsibilities will be helping identify new investment opportunities through research-driven sourcing, researching markets and sector trends, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed business and financial due diligence across Indonesia. The individual will work across all our primary industry verticals – Enterprise/B2B, consumer enablement, financial services/insurance, healthcare IT, and industrial/transportation. The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
Role/Title will be commensurate with working experience.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts and build partnerships
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research
- Establish relationships with founders and create a deep network of start up & venture capital professionals
Deal screening, sourcing and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies
- Proactively source deals in market through an established network
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.)
Building company value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas
- Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Passion for multi-stage investing
- 2+ years of relevant work experience is strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier venture firm, investment bank, early-stage, growth stage , venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills and business writing capabilities
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Prior VC investing experience is preferred
- Proficient in spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia is essential
- Indonesian Citizenship and PR preferred
- Some level of travel within Southeast Asia is expected
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
- Independent, self-starter, able to work autonomously in a remote environment
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends
- Strong networking capabilities
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required
- Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, relationship building, communication, business judgment and work ethic
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With more than $6 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, the firm focuses on seed to late-stage venture growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology, and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across nine locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets, and build exceptional companies. For more information, click here.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy - Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive - Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative - We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold - We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble - We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent - When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them.
- B Evolving - We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.