Antler Global is a global multi-stage VC and a fast-growing global asset management platform, backing the world's most driven founders, from day zero to greatness. Based out of 25 major startup hubs across six continents, the firm is the most active early-stage investor globally. Antler has offices in Amsterdam, Austin, New York, London, Berlin, Stockholm, Bangalore, Jakarta, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo, and Sydney. Our global community backs people from the beginning with co-founder matching, deep business model validation, initial capital, expansion support, and follow-on funding. Fueled by a personal passion that goes beyond traditional investing, we have helped create and invested in more than 600 startups across a wide range of industries and technologies, with the goal of backing more than 6,000 by 2030.
Antler China Fund is led by seasoned partners who have been successful startup founders and founding partners at established VC firms.
Antler is looking to secure a full-time Capital Director. She or he will be working with senior fund partners and co-heads of Antler Global Capital Team directly. The position offers a great opportunity to build a career as a global capital allocator. The capital director has exposure to institutional investors, family offices and high net worth individuals across the world.
The Capital Director is responsible for capital origination and execution by way of the Antler China fund. The position is preferably based in Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong or Singapore.
As the Capital Director you will:
- Cultivate, build and maintain relationships with a material group of relevant LPs for investments into Antler’s China Fund I
- Actively map fundraising network in APAC region, North America, Middle East, Europe and Southeast Asia to thoughtfully identify fundraising opportunities
- Drive Investor Relations: build and maintain relationships with a large group of suited LPs for investments into Antler’s China fund, by keeping LPs well informed
- Build out a network of well-connected supporters and advisors that can help broaden the reach of our fundraising efforts through high quality monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reports, and as requested by LPs
- 6 - 10 years of work experience in institutional fundraising (Family Offices, Endowments, Foundations, Pension Funds, Fund of Funds, Wealth Managers et al) - venture capital experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Robust understanding of investment management and financial market products and services with pronounced commercial instincts
- Demonstrated ability to leverage personal and professional network with family offices and institutional investors
- Experience in leading fundraising processes for funds, including day to day management of the fundraising process
- High entrepreneurial drive and leadership intrinsics paired with a collaborative team-oriented approach to driving towards successful commercial outcomes
- Strong Communication Skills - verbal and written
- Strong Personal Impact - ability to establish a high level of credibility externally and internally - personable, mature, influential
- Strong Commercial Acumen and a natural intellectual curiosity
- High attention to detail, with a reputation for producing consistent, clear and reliable work
- Proficient in CRM systems
- Distinctive track record of academic and professional achievement
The Antler Proposition:
- Career opportunity to build a record as a global capital allocator
- Global exposure to institutional investors, family offices and high net worth individuals
- Working directly with senior partners at China Fund and Co-heads of Antler Global Capital Team
- Access to outstanding founders globally who are defining the next wave of tech
- A competitive compensation package
- An opportunity to change the lives of hundreds of people about to turn into entrepreneurs