Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Reporting to: VP of Ventures
You are the tip of the spear, constantly meeting entrepreneurs and innovators on the bleeding edge of technology, innovation, and business in the 4th largest metropolitan region and one of the fastest growing venture markets in the United States. You know what’s hot and who’s hot and where the best entrepreneurs gather and hang out in North Texas. You drive deal flow to Capital Factory Ventures and then pitch your startups to the Partners. You make sure startups are well prepared to pitch and impress our investors, mentors, and partners.
You’ll focus on getting to know all of the entrepreneurs, mentors, and investors who are already at Capital Factory because some of our best deal flow comes from the community who work with us or attend our events. You will manage our most important relationships in North Texas with accelerators, venture funds, universities, other ecosystem partners and you’ll create more. Finally, you actually help raise funding from limited partners and engage other strategic partners. You will get ten years of venture capital experience in three years’ time because of the large volume of startups and venture deals that you will be exposed to.
Once companies are invited to work with Capital Factory Ventures, you will help maintain relationships with startups and constantly be on the lookout for opportunities to get them exposure to potential employees, investors, customers and other VIP’s through Capital Factory. You will keep a pulse on the top startups in our portfolio and help the investment team by preparing and evaluating investment opportunities.
What you will do….
- Meet daily with prospective venture startups
- Actively recruit and meet companies through online research, member events, external networking events, and word-of-mouth recommendations
- Enter leads daily in to Hubspot
- Speak once a week locally somewhere other than CF (on a panel, keynote, AMA, or doing a quick intro about Capital Factory).
- Attend all AMAs, and Happy Hours (weekly), Epic Office Hours (monthly), Founders Dinners, and Roadshows
- Refer startups to specific Capital Factory events, ensure high attendance
- Hold Office Hours in Union with prospective startups and CF members looking for advice.
- 2x/month, 2 hours
- Have all applications sorted and statuses updated by application deadline
- Vote and comment on relevant companies that apply in AngelList
- Create deal memos for each company presenting at Interview Day
- Remain up-to-date and a source of knowledge for sponsored companies once accepted in to program
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Founders are well prepared and impress mentors and investors with their pitch
- You sponsor 4+ startups who get accepted into Capital Factory’s venture portfolio each month and they get funded and noticed by our investors, mentors, and partners
- Every week people regularly reach out to you to ask for an introduction or make one
- You accurately and promptly score at least 40 leads a month in Hubspot
- Entrepreneurs, mentors and investors are always bragging about you because they love working with you and think you are super helpful
- You have experience working with fast growing startups
- You are analytical and can do independent research on the internet
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- You have experience in an emerging tech vertical - robotics, medtech, fintech, etc
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are available to work at least 55 hours per week
- You plan to stay in Dallas and fully commit to this position for 2+ years
- You can work well in both physical office space and virtually
- You understand virtual etiquette
About our Team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We frequently attend Capital Factory and community events and we regularly visit our office and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place with fast internet where we can work remotely.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and a smartphone.
- We are security-aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Weeks.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 200,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their next investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.
- 4 weeks paid time off (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance - paid 100% by Capital Factory for Employee Only coverage!
- Additional benefits such as life insurance, short term disability and and employee assistance program
- $1,000 personal innovation budget on your first year anniversary and then an additional $500 each anniversary thereafter
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and access to the onsite gym
- A priceless rolodex