Illumen Capital, an impact fund of funds firm focused on addressing systemic inequity, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Chief of Staff to join our team. As the Chief of Staff, you will play a crucial role in managing investment operations, overseeing key performance indicators (KPIs), troubleshooting problems, and providing effective leadership. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to addressing systemic inequity and driving positive change. If you are a proactive, strategic thinker with strong operational and leadership skills, we invite you to apply for this position. Join us in our mission to create a more equitable and sustainable future.
- Act as a liaison: Serve as a bridge between the CEO and other team members, departments, and external stakeholders. Ensure effective communication, coordination, and collaboration across the organization.
- Monitor and track initiatives: Keep a close eye on key initiatives and projects, ensuring that deadlines are met and providing regular updates to the CEO. Identify and address any obstacles or challenges that may arise during the process.
- Communication and analysis: Conduct comprehensive research and analysis on industry trends, competitors, and potential investment opportunities. Provide insights and recommendations to support decision-making and enhance the firm's impact.
- Implement strategic initiatives: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategic initiatives. Work closely with the CEO to align these initiatives with the firm's mission and goals.
- Coordinate special projects: Oversee and coordinate special projects and initiatives. Ensure their successful execution and the achievement of objectives within the designated timelines.
- Drive operational efficiency: Manage KPI’s and ensure successful execution and collaboration with the rest of the team. Optimize resource allocations, ensuring efficient utilization of personnel, financial, and technological resources. Identify bottlenecks, streamline workflows, and implement best practices to improve processes, enhance operational efficiency, and maximize productivity. Continuously evaluate and optimize systems and procedures to drive sustainable growth and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Participation: Engage in the formulation of annual operating budget
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Must be mission-driven, action-oriented, and a team player with a passion for making a positive impact in the world, especially in achieving racial and gender equity. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., finance, business administration, economics, etc.). Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to conduct research, analyze data, and provide actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities and the capacity to handle challenges and troubleshoot effectively.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire teams.
- Familiarity with impact investing, sustainable finance, and social/environmental issues is preferred.
- Proficiency in using relevant software and tools for research, analysis, project management, and communication.
- Strong presentation skills: The ability to create, facilitate and deliver PowerPoint presentations.
What Illumen Offers You:
Working in a mission-driven environment with access to networks of leaders and mentors from around the world
- Top-tier health and dental insurance plans.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Support for pursuing professional development.
- Hybrid work environment
- Salary: $120,000- $145,000.
About Illumen Capital:
Illumen Capital is an impact fund of funds addressing systemic inequity by reducing racial and gender bias in investing. As a Black-owned and led firm, Illumen Capital has been investing since 2018 and closed its first fund in 2020 at $88 million. Its second fund closed in 2023 at $168 million. We invest in high-performing venture, growth, and private equity funds while working closely with managers to implement strategies and tools that promote diversity and inclusion. Our mission is to unlock returns and drive out-performance by supporting often overlooked entrepreneurs. With a dedication to excellence and a commitment to justice, we are shaping an inclusive and equitable future in the asset management industry.