First Round is a venture capital firm that’s laser-focused on helping seed stage companies win. Across our offices in New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia, we roll up our sleeves every day to help incredible founders build their companies from day one.
We’re looking to add a Chief of Staff to our team who will work directly with our San Francisco based Partner, Meka Asonye, as his trusted right-hand.
At First Round, individuals in this role supercharge our investment team by creating and managing processes that deliver world-class services and experiences to entrepreneurs. This role will engage across all functions of First Round, including reviewing new investment opportunities, special projects, partner branding/marketing, portfolio engagement, and management of administrative staff. This role is a balance between strategy and sharp execution.
- Managing and tracking new investment opportunities
- Managing and tracking relationships and communication within First Round portfolio companies, community and partner networks
- Conducting research and investment diligence
- Initiating and leading special projects (building internal products and programs, research deep dives, etc.)
- Managing and processing email communication
- Managing partner projects, brand/marketing initiatives and events
- Overseeing scheduling and contact management performed by executive assistant
This position is not:
- A partner-track role. Instead, it is an ideal opportunity to get involved with building incredible companies and to learn from the best of the best.
- Expected to source companies or to be directly entrepreneur-facing. Rather, you will work with Meka to help review, analyze and prioritize existing deal flow and support our portfolio.
This is a unique opportunity in which individuals from many backgrounds could excel. Here are just a few examples of profiles we think could be great:
- A project manager or operations guru with startup experience who thrives keeping the trains running on time with little oversight.
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- A business generalist with a passion for technology and a penchant for learning new things fast.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if the following describes you:
- You’re fascinated by technology and how today’s entrepreneurs are shaping the future. You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the business quickly. Most importantly, you are a fast learner and laser focused on execution with the drive to get things done. You’re deeply organized, detail oriented and reliable above all else.
- You’re curious and intuitive — a creative and unconventional thinker, yet also highly analytical and logical. You're a fantastic (and prolific) writer and pride yourself on thoughtful, eloquent communication. You know the right questions to ask, as well as when to listen and learn. You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with seasoned CEOs, founders and entrepreneurs.
- We hope to meet with candidates with at least 4 years of working experience.
The pay range for this role is $130,000-$150,000 and will be determined by a candidate's experience level. Our talent team is happy to share more details about our total compensation and benefits package.