We are looking for a CleanTech Analyst / Portfolio Manager (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin.
From Day 1, you will be leveraging BIT Capital’s resources, including expert networks, alternative datasets and proprietary research tools, to help us deliver best-in-class returns to our fund investors.
You will be responsible for the coverage of the CleanTech sectors, with the perspective to manage a portfolio of CleanTech equities in the future.
- You conduct bottom-up fundamental research in innovative CleanTech companies worldwide, including renewable energy, decarbonization, energy efficiency, green infrastructure, recycling and next-gen vehicles
- You are responsible for idea generation, news coverage and data monitoring in CleanTech sectors, proactively identifying and calling out opportunities for alpha generation
- You perform financial modeling and valuation, using all available data sources to better understand and forecast company KPIs
- You cultivate relationships with key sector experts and management teams, and participate in major conferences and events
- You make BIT Capital’s alternative data & quantitative capabilities an integral part of your research process
- Contingent on strong performance, the management of a CleanTech portfolio may be added to your responsibilities
- Strong academic track record in any field; a technical background in sciences or engineering is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience researching equities in the CleanTech industries, including one or more of the following:renewable energy, energy infrastructure, decarbonization, next-gen vehicles
- A deep understanding of CleanTech at technical and business levels is required
- Strong quantitative and financial modeling skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German preferable but not required; additional languages are an asset)
- Previous experience managing a portfolio would be a plus
- You are passionate about stocks, investing and business strategy
- You are a team player, seeking to thrive in a collaborative, high-performance, transparent culture
- You are self-driven and entrepreneurial, ready to go the extra mile to deliver the best results for our investors
- You are in it for the long term and can relate to the BIT Capital Vision
- Challenging, varied tasks for a steep learning curve
- Individual development opportunities and a transparent, appreciative feedback culture for your personal development
- An experienced, international team with professional colleagues and strong experts for an inspiring network
- Joint events for a successful team that brings together the digital and finance worlds
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV, a motivation letter, and a write-up with an actionable investment idea in a company in the CleanTech sector. We look forward to meeting you!
Please send us your CV and all documents in English.
BIT Capital is a fast-growing asset management company headquartered in Berlin. We develop financial products around our know-how of digitalization trends, the impact of the internet on global business models, and our ability to understand technology and its impact on financial markets better than traditional asset managers. Our flagship products are the Global Internet Leaders funds, through which we invest in the leading internet companies of tomorrow that will emerge as winners of the structural shift of the global economy.
Our funds are taking the top 3 places out of 10.000 equity funds worldwide in the Lipper 1 year performance ranking.