Emergence is a pre-eminent enterprise cloud investor with a 20-year track record of success partnering with people who change the way the world works.
Our founders started the firm in 2003 with the philosophy that the best culture and best performance would be achieved by developing people from within. Over the past two decades, we have maintained an intentional career development process at the firm with this as our North Star goal. We’re lean by design—which has allowed for collaboration between our tight-knit team of seasoned investors, operating partners, and YOU!
We’ve been fortunate to partner with the extraordinary entrepreneurs building Zoom, Bill.com, Blend, Doximity, G2, Gusto, Ironclad, project44, Salesloft, and others. One of our core values is “strive to be the most important partner” –– our goal is to continue to develop this robust community of existing founders and executives as they build the next generation of enduring enterprise companies. Which brings us to our next point...
We’re excited to share that we are looking to bring on a Community Lead!
We’re looking to bring a Community Lead onto the Emergence team. Priorities will be to (1) strengthen and build the Emergence community and brand, (2) scale up our Expert Network, and (3) more broadly extend our reach into the enterprise software ecosystem.
We’re lean by design—which has enabled true collaboration between our tight-knit team of seasoned investors, operating partners, Emergence portfolio companies, and YOU! This cross-functional role on our Platform team balances marketing strategy, community building, program design, events strategy, and execution.
This role is based in our San Francisco office. Apply here.
- Partner with our Head of Talent, our GPs, and the rest of our team to engage directly with and grow our portfolio of founders, operators, and co-investors.
- Own and lead the development, creation, and management of Emergence’s community strategy from conception to execution.
- Work with Emergence GPs, portfolio founders, and our greater network to grow and engage our community through our proprietary Founders Portal, hosted dinners, workshop series, and various events.
- Lead the planning and execution of all community events from moderating online AMAs for portfolio leaders to building the playbook for our monthly happy hours (IRL), to leadership development workshops and dinner series for functional leaders and more.
- Develop and oversee our Expert Network program, including sourcing functional operational talent, managing our network of qualified advisory relationships, facilitating connections between experts and our portfolio, and programmatically maintaining an updated repository of portfolio needs.
- Manage budget and processes for community programs and related initiatives.
Analyze and track Expert Network utilization, expert performance data, and metrics.
What you’ll get out of this position:
- A kind, well-rounded, and supportive team as you deepen your knowledge of the early-stage b2b/enterprise and SaaS technology ecosystem.
- Key insights into how an early-stage venture fund builds and fosters community through programs and events at scale.
- Grow your network of relationships with entrepreneurs and world-class operational execs in the enterprise ecosystems, executives at Emergence portfolios companies, and the GPs’ respective networks.
Who we’re looking for:
We’ve seen a variety of backgrounds perform well in this role. Some examples of profiles we think could be great:
- A program manager - establishing goals and processes to meet these goals. who keeps the trains running on time with little oversight, using imagination and drive to surprise and delight our guests.
- A community manager with strong organizational skills who enjoys building delightfully creative in-person and online experiences.
- A generalist with a penchant for learning new things and a passion for tech, adept at building and fostering digital communities across all functions in the tech ecosystem.
We believe the strength of our team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences. You might be a good fit if:
- You excel at building relationships (online and offline) and are excited about immersing yourself in the b2b SaaS ecosystem.
- You’re energized by crafting thoughtful, world-class events for the operators in technology.
- You don’t necessarily need deep knowledge of the venture capital industry, but you should be excited about the field and eager to learn the ecosystem quickly.
- You’re both strategic and tactical. You like to think about desired outcomes and then create them. You can be big picture but are great at getting things done. You’re deeply organized, detail-oriented, and reliable above all else.
- You’re a great teammate with a low ego who is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- You have the polish and presence to regularly interact with founders, entrepreneurs, and operating executives.
If this sounds like you, and you have 6-8 years of professional work experience, we’d love to hear from you.
At Emergence, we value resourcefulness, diversity, team play, excellence, and hustle. We believe in the importance of an inclusive and diverse team. We welcome people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, orientations and backgrounds to apply.
Interested? Apply here!
If you have any questions or referrals, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. ✌️