Everyone at Entrepreneur First believes it really matters what the world’s most talented people choose to do with their lives. We work every day to be the best place in the world for around 700 high-potential founders a year to meet their co-founder and build a technology startup from scratch. See how it works here: https://www.joinef.com/how-it-works/
As the world’s leading talent investor, we’ve pioneered a new model of company creation backed by renowned investors - from Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn) and Demis Hassabis (Google’s Deepmind) to Taavet Hinrikus (Wise). Since 2011 more than 3,000 individuals have joined our programmes in London, Singapore, Berlin, Paris, Bangalore and Toronto. To date, they’ve created more than 300 companies worth more than $3 billion - companies like Magic Pony Technology, which was acquired by Twitter. Do check out https://www.joinef.com/companies/ to see a sample of what our work produces.
We seek to create transformative experiences through our programmes and are immensely proud of the incredible talent within our alum network globally and what they have gone on to achieve. Our portfolio companies have collectively created more than 3,000 employment opportunities to date and we’re excited to see our community continue to grow in the years ahead. To create and nurture incremental positive network effects within our community, we are hiring our first Community Lead.
You will own the creation of systems to enable our 3,000+ community of alumni and many supporters and key contacts to find, meet and support each other.
In this role you will be:
* Developing our community and network strategy for each of our user groups, including our existing funded founders, individuals, advisors and supporters.
* Identifying and implementing new systems to manage, enhance and expand our community, perhaps including outreach, content creation, events, community partnerships and programs, or developing entirely new initiatives.
* Developing and setting up experiments to increase engagement within our community.
* Managing our community and network at scale to ensure positive network effects.
* Set up systems to track and measure the effectiveness of your work.
* Building relationships across the company globally, plus with key alumni and network influencers.
The ideal candidate:
* Has experience managing online communities, ideally including 3+ years in a similar role, plus a broader background in high growth and technology led environments.
* Has proven experience of ‘owning’ products/processes from end to end.
* Has an understanding and interest in our customer and belief in EF’s value creation.
* Is a natural relationship builder, with strong influencing skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse teams in an international environment.
* Is operationally excellent, including the ability to deliver against tight deadlines.
* Brings additional technical skills at any level.
Additional Details: This is a senior role within EF, positioned at Lead level, reporting directly to Alice Bentinck, co-founder of EF. You will work closely with the Product Team and local teams across EF. This role can be based in any of EF’s offices worldwide (where you should likely already live) and may require travel a few times per year once it is permitted to do so.
What We Offer
You will receive an attractive package in line with experience, comprising a competitive salary and a share of the fund’s profits. In addition to the financial compensation, benefits of working at EF include:
* The opportunity to work with a fast-growing organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship and changing the paradigm around startup creation around the world;
* Holidays: 23 days per year plus a two-week office shut-down over Christmas and New Year;
* L&D and Wellness allowances: £800 per year to put towards your personal development and wellbeing activities (e.g. gym memberships, yoga classes, running shoes, subscription to Headspace, etc.).
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature including but not limited to discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.