Earlybird is a venture capital investor focused on European technology companies. We operate three funds families with different focus areas. The Digital West team invests primarily in early-stage digital technology opportunities emerging in Western Europe. The Digital East team targets similar companies in Eastern Europe and the Health team backs disruptive start-ups across Europe.
As Earlybird Health, we especially focus on the potential to improve patient outcomes and overcome inefficiencies in healthcare systems across Europe. Earlybird Health invests from Seed to Series C—deploying 15-20 million per company throughout the holding period. The Health Fund focuses on innovative companies in the areas of medical devices, diagnostics,digital health, R&D tools, platform technologies and biopharma.
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual who is passionate about working with early-stage companies and in the European start-up ecosystem to join the Health investment team for a:
As an Earlybird Fellow you will work alongside a very experienced investment team and be exposed to some of the brightest healthcare entrepreneurs of our time, get access to high quality deal-flow and be part of the decision-making process.
• Work directly with the investment team and partners to source, evaluate and manage deal flow
• Support the investment process from deal sourcing to deal closing: communication with start-up founders; KOL sourcing; financial, commercial, and legal duediligence
• Prepare briefing documents for investment committee meetings
• Lead deep dive projects as part of the due diligence process on technological innovation, scientific and technological backgrounds, competitive landscapes and market research
• Preparation of investment documents
• Build expertise in themes of interest within the healthcare sector – use your scientific knowledge to identify promising investment opportunities, and present compelling cases to the investment team
• Represent the firm at industry events
• Completed/completing PhD at a top tier university
• Excellent academic record and strong analytical skills
• Work experience outside of academia is a strong plus
• Strong interest in technology commercialization
• Strong communication skills and ability to build good relationships with colleagues and partners esp. as some members of the team are working indifferent locations across Europe
• You must have a passion for healthcare, start-ups and the innovation ecosystem,demonstrated either through your career or by your deep involvement in start-upecosystems alongside your job
• You must be a self-starter, be able to work independently as well as part of a team
• You must be able to communicate fluently in English – both written and spoken –and be a proficient Microsoft Office software suite user
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.