TDK Ventures is seeking an exceptional Financial Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an industry recognized, top-tier Corporate Venture Capital fund. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and operate in Boston, Bangaluru, India and planned global expansions. Our core focus areas span Renewable Energy, Materials Technologies, Cleantech, Industry 5.0, Mobility, Computing & Connectivity and Healthtech. At TDK Ventures, we are pioneering the future of corporate venturing with a commitment to deliver ‘TDK Goodness’ to entrepreneurs in the deep-tech sector.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the Financial Principal with Financial Modelling of prospective investment opportunities, Financial Performance Management of TDK Ventures Portfolio, ongoing accounting support, financial statement preparation, and Financial Compliance. The role is central to TDK Ventures’ investment conclusions, involves liaising with the most innovative hard-tech startups in the world, as well as internal TDK teams. This position’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing timely stage-relevant financial models for investment considerations
- Support the Investment Team decision making process by bringing quality personal assessments on probabilistic scenario-based outcomes
- Utilize International Private Equity and Venture Capital Valuation (IPEV) Guidelines to evaluate TDK Ventures fund performance
- Present valuation reports to internal teams and liaise with internal and external auditors when necessary
- Proactively monitor the financial performance of each portfolio company, aiming for world-class professionalism
- Supporting and adhering to accounting best practices, including general ledger, fixed assets, payables, invoices & payments, investment accounting, and reporting results to TDK, while ensuring compliance with all policies, laws, rules, and regulations
- Continuously enhance reporting and presentation best practices, focusing on generating non-obvious insights within TDK Ventures, TDK, and the broader Corporate Venturing Ecosystem
- Develop and improve upon best practices on reporting and presentation of financial insights
The successful candidate for this position must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The qualifications and working conditions listed below are representative of those required for the position.
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Business Administration and/or in accounting.
- 5-10 years management experience in Accounting or Finance
- Passion for numbers and data analysis a must; ability to discover and reveal non-obvious insights from a set of complex numbers
- Hands-on expertise with various Financial Models; Leveraged Buyout Model (LBO), Discounted Cash Flow Model (DCF), Three Statement Model, Startup Valuation Model, Merger Model, etc.
- GAAP, IFRS and financial reporting technical skills
- Accounting management systems experience; HFM/SmartView experience a plus
- Expert knowledge of Excel and its functions, and proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong work ethic, accountability, and team mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with ability to articulate insights, concepts and recommendations clearly and concisely
- Able to work effectively and adapt quickly in an entrepreneurial, ever-changing, fast paced environment; handling multiple tasks with high professionalism, sometimes with very short notice
- Experience in private accounting sectors is preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
This position is based in San Jose, CA and the starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $110,000 and $140,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geography, market demands, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified at the Companies discretion. The role may also be eligible for variable bonus programs and benefits.
TDK Ventures offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, vacation, paid holidays and more.