Founders Factory, a global company builder and early-stage investor, and hubraum, tech incubator of Deutsche Telekom, have recently launched a new venture studio based in Berlin. Our joint ambition is to digitalise the telco area by collaborating with and investing in founders around the globe.
Founders Factory offers founders capital, operational support from a team of hands-on experts, and unrivalled access to industry leaders from across our corporate partners. Since 2015, our 300 portfolio companies - 80 built in the studio - have raised $720mm follow-on funding from notable investors, including NfX, Coatue, Forerunner, Tencent, Mudabala and firstminute Capital.
🔎 We’re now looking for the best entrepreneurial minds in the Cybersecurity x IoT space to partner with us and join our leading venture studio.
- Experience in cybersecurity (ideally recent)
- Worked in the IoT space
- Track record of building solutions in the B2B or B2G space
Nice to haves:
- Worked with (or founded) startups
- Technical background
- Experience in the energy sector, especially with prosumer/distributed resources
We’ll also be assessing on your ability to:
- Think big, and move fast. You will have 6 months in our studio to build out your MVP, hustle and grit is encouraged!
- Identify challenges - and we’ll help you create solutions. We know building a business is not easy but with the help of our operating team of startup operators, network of founders and sector directors, we can create rivalled momentum.
- Be obsessively passionate. We want people that live and breathe this space so this passion feeds into world-leading venture backable startups.
- Work with us to shape the opportunity and define the MVP
- From there, we’ll unlock €300k investment and 12+ months of operational support to bring this venture to life
- As the founder, you retain financial & strategic ownership of the new venture
- Gain unparalleled access to our partners and wider network (for life!)
Startups have been historically undiverse. Here are some ways we’re helping to turn the tide.
- We will actively outreach into unrepresented communities, we believe it is not a pipeline problem but an access/opportunity problem.
- We offer flexible working practices so that people with commitments can consider us.
- You will be assessed using a structured interview process with a clear scoring rubric.
- A €50k per annum founder salary is baked into our initial investment to help with the financial risk you’re undertaking.
- You will be asked to complete an optional, anonymous, aggregated survey related to yourself inline with the Equalities act 2010.
We are committed to building a diverse culture and are eager to receive applications from all backgrounds. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination.