B Capital is seeking a Finance Manager that is capable of taking additional responsibilities on from the team as the position progresses. This position is a great opportunity to gain a broad range of experience within a growing venture capital firm. The position will primarily be focused on fund accounting, portfolio company reporting, quarterly valuations, and internal/external reporting. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated “all-purpose athlete” who can be flexible with their skills to help with a variety of projects across different firm areas.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key member of lean internal finance team helping oversee multiple funds across a variety of sectors, geographies, and strategies
- Collaborates with internal and external accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Reconcile and manage various Funds, SPVs, and Holdco entities
- Liaise with fund administrator for investments, capital calls, distributions, management fee calculations, and quarterly financial statement reporting
- Work with internal and external teams to manage the quarterly valuation process across multiple entities
- Maintain line of credit, including borrowings, paydowns, interest accruals, and compliance requirements
- Assist with global portfolio reporting. Includes working with internal investment and platform team members, external portfolio companies, and overseeing a global portfolio reporting tech platform
- Supports development of internal financial controls and their implementation
- Assist in new fund launches including onboarding service providers, opening bank accounts, and coordinating with internal and external legal counsel on entity formation and fund documents
- Assist with annual audit and tax process
- Respond to quarterly and ad-hoc investor information requests and coordinate with other business units (investor relations, investment team, business development, etc.) as necessary to complete requests
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects as needed
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in fund accounting and/or overseeing a fund administrator, coupled with 1-2 years of audit experience in public accounting.
- Experience working within asset management. Ideally, Venture Capital or Private Equity
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Modelling & quantitative analysis experience (Excel) a plus
- Exposure working with US GAAP
- CPA a plus
- Location: San Francisco or Los Angeles
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, proactive, and capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail while working with complex data sets
- Results-oriented with high prioritization skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver projects in a timely fashion
- Must use discretion working with confidential and sensitive information regarding the company, executive management, and investors
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team structure
- ASC 820 valuation experience a plus
- Prior experience interacting with investors and limited partners or institutional fundraise a plus
At B Capital, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. As a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and must show proof of such vaccination.
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital is a multi-stage global investment firm that partners with extraordinary entrepreneurs to shape the future through technology. With $6.3 billion in assets under management across multiple funds, the firm focuses on seed to late-stage venture growth investments, primarily in the enterprise, financial technology and healthcare sectors. Founded in 2015, B Capital leverages an integrated team across eight locations in the US and Asia, as well as a strategic partnership with BCG, to provide the value-added support entrepreneurs need to scale fast and efficiently, expand into new markets and build exceptional companies. For more information, click here.
B CAPITAL GROUP CORE VALUES:
- B Honest & Trustworthy - Our people and our culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other. We speak the truth with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, are intellectually open, and are constantly learning and growing.
- B Open & Inclusive - Our diverse composition gives us broad and varied perspectives that drive better investments. We find ways to better ourselves and our communities, increasing transparency, fairness, and respect in every interaction. We thrive on the unique qualities of our people, and how together, these qualities make us special.
- B Collaborative - We believe in we vs I, and operate as one global team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and that we are better together. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- B Bold - We take risks and understand that at times we may fail. We learn from our failures; we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- B Humble - We are humble and believe in winning together with gratitude, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. We are low ego, and lift each other up.
- B Persistent - When we get knocked down, we rise back up. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that only grit can help us overcome. We know our individual and collective goals and won’t stop short of achieving them.
- B Evolving - We innovate and advocate with boundless curiosity and creativity. We always have a startup mentality.
Salary Range for CA Candidates only. The actual salary will commensurate according to relevant experience.
Salary expected range: $110,000 to $175,000