Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow. Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by identifying, investing in and challenging the world’s most exceptional people to build groundbreaking technology companies.
We believe anyone with the right grit, spike, drive, and ambition can change the world. Antler is present in most major startup ecosystems across five continents, including in hubs such as New York, London, Berlin, Bangalore, Singapore and Sydney. Since launching in 2017, we have invested in over 300 companies across the world, and our portfolio represents over 30 different industries, such as healthtech, proptech, deeptech and fintech.
The aspiration for Antler is to be the world’s leading early-stage VC, and a value-adding partner for exceptional founders from pre-idea to IPO.
Antler is looking for Brazil’s brightest to lead our Brazilian Office based out of São Paulo. Antler’s vision is to set a new standard globally for how a VC firm can enable entrepreneurs to build businesses: connecting founders across the world and enabling data-driven investment decisions.
Antler sees São Paulo as a location where we can have an extraordinary impact on the ecosystem.
This role will enable you to build from scratch what we believe will be the most international early-stage VC fund in the Brazilian ecosystem. It is an enormous challenge that will include interactions at the highest level with all the players in the Brazilian tech scene and some of the most talented entrepreneurs.
In a few years, we believe Antler will be known as the birthplace of the most cutting edge companies in Brazil and Latin America. Every year, hundreds of companies are founded within Antler globally. The depth of knowledge from the growth of these will allow you to influence the future of technology at a local and global scale.
- Launch and lead Antler Brazil - starting in São Paulo and building a best in class team with entrepreneurial and VC experience.
- Establish and raise an Antler Brazil early-stage VC fund to enable investments into exceptional companies and entrepreneurs
- Work with the local and global teams to market Antler and to attract and recruit hundreds of exceptional individuals every year
- Coach founder teams to help build fast-growing tech companies addressing some of the most critical opportunities in Brazil and globally
- 5+ years of experience in Venture Capital in Brazil at a top fund or exceptional entrepreneurial track record in building a high-growth, successful tech company
- In-depth knowledge of all facets of Brazil’s tech and early-stage venture ecosystem
- Demonstrated spikes in either:
- Early-phase startup experience - having founded or been a very early employee of a fast-growing successful technology company, OR
- Significant experience in early-stage venture capital - with a track record of leading investments in the seed/series A stages
- Deep network in the local founder, VC, and angel investor ecosystems
- Prior experience leading teams and individuals that have excelled in high-paced and challenging environments
- Proven expertise from successfully managing sophisticated projects
- Exceptional team leader, strong good problem solver, strong drive to push your own, the team’s and the founders we are working on to higher ambition and performance than they thought possible
- A burning desire and near obsession to build the next wave of Brazil’s tech companies and help strong founders succeed
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and a belief the world needs more change-makers and innovators
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Accomplished and structured problem-solver
- Independent and proactive with a focus on execution and results orientation
- Comfortable with ambiguity, quick changes, tight deadlines and moving targets
The Antler Proposition
- Create a legacy and have an enormous impact: be part of building hundreds of disruptive companies that will define the next wave of tech.
- An opportunity to change the lives of hundreds of people about to turn into entrepreneurs
- An opportunity to build a high-volume investment track record both in early-stage companies and also in the later stages
- An opportunity to significantly impact the direction and success of Antler globally
- Competitive salary, a significant share of the market fund upside
- Participation in the broader enterprise upside from the global Antler profit pool