Kering is a global Luxury group which manages the development of a series of renowned Houses in fashion, leather goods, jewelry and watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, as well as Kering Eyewear. In 2021, Kering had 42,000 employees and restated revenue of €17.6 billion. Kering is a major player in the luxury sector.
By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering empowers its people to lead the way in terms of creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” A shared culture and determination unite our Houses. Together, we are building a unique, passionate and responsible Luxury group, working to push boundaries in a positive way.
Join us to shape the Luxury of tomorrow with us.
Already one of the leaders in the luxury sector, Kering has been experimenting, over the past quarters, an excellent performance due to a modern vision for luxury putting creativity and entrepreneurship at the center of its model.
To go even further, Kering has the ambition to take the lead in anticipating how technologies and new business models will impact the traditional luxury value chain and to that end, has launched a strong innovation effort with the creation, in 2018, of a Direction of Innovation reporting directly to Kering Chief Client and Digital Officer, member of Kering’s Executive Committee.
In order to accelerate our innovation & digital roadmap, and get exposure to innovative trends worldwide, we have been setting up our investment arm Kering Ventures www.kering-ventures.com
As the current Head of Kering Ventures is extending its scope as Venture & Innovation Director, we are recruiting a Manager who will be part of the Innovation team, and will be in charge of leading the venture investment activity. This new hire will work through each stage of the investment process, from deal sourcing, through due diligence, execution, portfolio management, reporting and knowledge sharing.
How you will contribute
We are seeking a super motivated and resourceful individual to deploy our Ventures roadmap.
Primary responsibilities include:
- In coordination with the Venture & Innovation Director, drive the vision on how to further improve the impact and set-up of our venture investment activity, and keep our investment thesis up to date
- Coordinate venture investment process and team with direct reports in France and China
- Source and analyze dealflow opportunities both from a financial and strategic perspective to assess fit with Kering’s investment strategy
- Prepare investment committees and drive the due diligence process including management interviews, business model assessment, market & competitive research, internal/external reference calls, valuation and BP analysis, strategic/partnership opportunities
- Execute deals in collaboration with all internal counterparts
- Monitor portfolio progress, produce and update periodic performance reports
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to accelerate the success of our portfolio, including management of potential partnerships or other synergies within the Kering group and its affiliates
- Gather information from industry experts on topics related to our investment thesis, update knowledge database, and create high-quality industry content for both internal and external purpose
- Be an active member of the Innovation team by fostering collaboration with the other streams, share perspectives on emerging trends and identification of potential partners to support our different projects
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience after graduation, and either:
- A previous experience in Venture Capital / Corporate Venture Capital, or
- A combined experience in an analytical role (such as a major investment bank, consulting firm, private equity firm, or Corporate M&A and Strategy departments) and in the tech & innovation space (ex. Manager/Founder role with active participation in fundraising process with institutional investors )
- Strong knowledge about the Consumer & Retail spaces (E-commerce, Luxury, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle)
- Passionate about new technologies. Existing connections and/or desire to integrate with the Chinese innovation / tech ecosystem
- Solid diligence capabilities, with developed analytical and conceptual skills, strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent verbal, written communication & interpersonal skills, willing to articulate well-reasoned investment opportunities. Your desire to reach out and start conversations with entrepreneurs is critical
- Organized, extraordinary attention to detail, with strong project management skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to handle all relationships judiciously and empathetically. You will understand the need for a close working relationship with other internal teams
- Ability to work with senior top management
- Fluent in English