Diagram is a venture builder that conceives and launches technology companies in the financial services, insurance, and health industries. We've designed a unique platform for entrepreneurs who have a proven track-record or domain expertise to start their next business by combining access to venture capital investment, hands-on support, and access to a vast network of partners and incumbents. Since 2016, Diagram has raised over $205M and launched fourteen new companies across North America. Our ecosystem is home to 90+ angel investors, including 45+ entrepreneurs with >$15B in exits and an extended global network of corporate partners, investors, and builders.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Intern, Venture Creation to help build new crypto ventures at Diagram, reporting into Diagram's crypto pod. This person will work directly with the team of associates (1-2), as well as potential founders, entrepreneurs in residence, expert advisors, and Diagram's partners, to support in the development, evaluation, and de-risking of new ideas.
The Intern, Venture Creation will play a key role in turning ideas into global companies and shaping Diagram's portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of investment theses and perspectives on high-potential opportunities in the crypto ecosystem, as well as generate and pitch new venture ideas;
- Conducting user and market research, performing market sizing, analyzing competitive landscape, assessing business models and unit economics to evaluate potential ideas;
- Developing pitch decks and investment memos with oversight from venture creation associates and other collaborators (eg. Design and Product experts);
You should have:
- 0-2 years of work experience in a technology startup (in functions such as product management or engineering) or consulting/investment-banking;
- An existing understanding or deep intellectual curiosity to learn more about cryptocurrency: comfortable and resourceful in ramping up on new developments quickly, and forming perspectives on new business opportunities they might present;
- Strong organizational skills, high degree of ownership and a self-starter mentality - be capable of delivering excellent results with minimal supervision;
- Excellent quantitative and/or technical skills; the ability to build financial models and work with large quantities of data to derive insights (SQL, Excel, R);
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) - be comfortable pitching ideas, and be able to produce high-quality deliverables;
- Experience working in teams (ideally multi-disciplinary), and a collaborative mindset;
- A track record of outstanding performance (work, school, sports, hobbies);
- A proven entrepreneurial mindset;
- A technical (Engineering, Computer Science, Economics) or Business degree.
What we offer:
- An essential role in something big, meaningful and different;
- The opportunity to push yourself and have ownership;
- A tight-knit ecosystem with many stretch opportunities including the potential to join a Diagram portfolio company, or convert to a full-time position on the venture creation team;
- A team of ambitious and supportive individuals that will help you grow, and have a great experience;
- Competitive perks and compensation;
- Beautiful office in a great location.