Since 2000 HV Capital has invested in Internet and technology companies through various generations of funds and is one of the most successful and financially strongest early-stage and growth investors in Europe. HV Capital has already invested in around 200 companies, including Zalando, Delivery Hero, FlixMobility, Depop and SumUp. The total of all HV funds amounts to €1.7 billion. The company supports startups with capital between €500,000 and €50 million. This makes HV Capital one of the few venture capitalists in Europe that can finance startups through all growth phases.
Your internship shall last a minimum of 12 weeks during which time you will get an insight into the way successful startups are built and why and how venture capitalists invest in them. During your time with us you will cover most of the following modules:
- Screening relevant media for attractive investment opportunities
- Developing data analyses, investment hypotheses and financial models for new investment areas
- Supporting investment managers in deal flow and business plan analyses
- Supporting investment manager in financial transactions and ongoing portfolio management
- Elaborating specific topics for internal knowledge database
- Outstanding academic track record, likely currently in a master's programme,
- Practical experience in startups (preferred) or other relevant fields,
- Knowledge of and strong interest in the Internet market,
- Entrepreneurial intention / background,
- Charismatic, open, positive and winning personality,
- Analytical, facts-driven and pragmatic approach and can work independently,
- Strong communication skills,
- Proficient knowledge of English (an intermediate level of German required).