Cherry Ventures is a Berlin-based venture capital fund, founded by a team of entrepreneurs with substantial experience in building fast-scaling technology businesses. We invest in the best teams Europe-wide as early as possible. Our goal is to add value by supporting our venture teams in building successful and sustainable businesses.
As ex-founders and operators, we decided to build Cherry Ventures to support the new wave of founders spanning out of Europe. Having ourselves gotten out of the startup trenches just a couple of years back, we believe our insights into company building, our acknowledgement of the hardships of entrepreneurship, and our empathy towards founders allow us to engage differently with teams, to bring concrete value to the table and to add our own hunger to our entrepreneurs’ passion and ambition. We’re founders first, investors second. We put founders first. Always.
We are looking for an additional team member (m/f) to join our Investment team as Intern as of October 15 2022. The duration of the internship should be at least 3 months, so you can make the most of it.
As part of the investment team, you will:
- Identify and research high quality companies for consideration by the team;
- Autonomously support and conduct investment due diligence by analyzing data, leading market research, conducting diligence calls and drafting investment memos;
- Facilitate and lead our internal discussions around investment decisions;
- Find the best seed and early stage companies and founders in Europe within our Associates and Partners;
- Contribute to building a world-class early stage venture capital fund by taking on additional responsibility for various other initiatives.
Key requirements include:
- Strong analytical background, extremely well-versed in working with numbers and data;
- You're having your Ms at a top-tier university in Business Administration, Economics or Engineering;
- You already have an in-depth understanding of the European startup ecosystem and huge curiosity for early stage companies. And want to learn more!;
- You hold an international and multicultural mindset/background
- Additional native European language other than English is a plus
- You have an existing visa/permit to allow you to work in Germany (unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas)
Not mandatory, but a big plus:
- Solid technical understanding and strong intuition for tech products; any coding, product development or UX/UI skills
- Prior experience in a startup, as a founder or in a leading operational capacity
What can you expect?
- Be part of a growing team in a fast-paced environment surrounded by talented, supportive, and international group of people and a great and modern office in the heart of Berlin Mitte
- Play an active part in building the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Berlin and Europe
- Learn a great deal about investing in startups, building companies, and innovation