ORIX Growth Capital, ORIX USA’ growth lending division, is seeking an Analyst to help continue successfully growing their platform. The investment professional will be an integral part of the team, working on all aspects of transactions from due diligence to portfolio management. ORIX Growth Capital is proud of its talented team, strong industry relationships and commitment to long term success. ORIX Growth Capital is one of the leading growth lending platforms in the market. The group provides flexible debt and equity capital to valuable, high growth businesses, primarily in the technology and healthcare sectors in the U.S. and Canada.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare term sheets, credit applications and associated approval documentation
- Conduct on-site due diligence
- Assist in portfolio management as needed and in preparing required reporting
- Evaluate potential investment opportunities within targeted industries
- Create financial models and communicate key variables and risks with the team
- Analyze and filter prospective investments within targeted industries
- Synthesize findings, develop investment theses and articulate recommendations to Senior Management
- While having strong working relationships with other team members, operate effectively with minimal oversite while meeting tight timelines
- Assist as needed with other assignments and in outside business development efforts
This position has frequent contact with all levels of employees and management. In addition, this role may interact with outside business partners, vendors, consultants, and other office visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year university in finance, economics, or related field required
- 0 – 2 years of experience in technology-centric venture capital, commercial or investment banking, start up, or consulting environment with relevant internships
- Prior direct investing/investment banking or lending/credit experience preferred but not required
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Strong accounting/financial modeling and analytical skills supported by a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Deep understanding of the growth company space
- Sound business judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruptions; Ability to adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.