TDK Ventures is seeking a brilliant Investment Analyst to join its elite investing team. This is an exceptional opportunity to work with an industry recognized, top-tier Corporate Venture Capital fund. We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and operate in Boston, Bangaluru, India and planned global expansions. Our core focus areas span Renewable Energy, Materials Technologies, Cleantech, Industry 5.0, Mobility, Computing & Connectivity and Healthtech. At TDK Ventures, we are pioneering the future of corporate venturing with a commitment to deliver ‘TDK Goodness’ to entrepreneurs in the deep-tech sector.
Reporting to an Investment Director, the Investment Analyst will have significant involvement in all aspects of the investment process, including deep explorations, sourcing projects and supporting due diligences. This position’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Synthesize comprehensive and cogent startups and technologies maps in Strategic Spaces based on deep analysis of relevant market and technology trends reports, with the goal to identify and recommend next Strategic Spaces and curated investment opportunities to consider
- Regularly update lists of current co-investors with updates on their latest activities and investments, as well as of potential sector-based investors that would be suitable partners to co-invest with in future first or follow-on financing rounds
- Document relevant and up-to-date information from trusted sources in CRM system related to all startups in Strategic Spaces, highlighting key learning and next steps to consider when appropriate
- Based on investment priorities identified by Investment Directors, create supporting materials for investment proposals, weekly project reviews, and TDK Ventures Briefings
- Support Associates and Investment Directors in due diligence activities by providing assistance on financial modeling, market research, IP analysis, customer calls, and technology analyses
- Manage dealflow funnel and managing interactions with entrepreneurs, venture capitalist partners, other CVC partners, and internal TDK colleagues
- Create presentation materials for investment committee review, articulating investment theses, and highlighting key transaction considerations and unique insights
- Participating in all aspects of due diligence including financial modeling, business and market assessment, deal structuring, and customer and management reference calls
- Supporting the firm’s existing investments, including internal reporting, business development opportunities, and follow-on transactions
The successful candidate for this position must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The qualifications and working conditions listed below are representative of those required for the position.
- One to three years of experience (full-time or part-time) in private equity, venture capital, consulting, or investment banking
- PhD degree or equivalent in a technical field (Materials Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- Successful academic and professional track record
- Interest in working with early-stage businesses focused on material science, energy/power, biomedical, and related areas typically underrepresented in venture capital portfolios
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated with ability to articulate ideas in group setting
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skillful and effective decision making, time management, and organizational skills
- Self-starter personality with exceptional work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
This position is based in Boston, MA and the starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $110,000 and $130,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, work location, market demands, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified at the Companies discretion. The role may also be eligible for variable bonus programs and benefits.