We are looking for an English speaking Investment Analyst to join our remote team. The position starts as soon as possible and lasts for 4 months. The exact dates can be agreed separately.
Icebreaker.vc Investment Analyst program is focusing on developing professionals in the venture investing and technology business. During the program, you will learn how to talk with founders, what teams & businesses are of interest to Icebreaker.vc, and how investments are made and closed. You will be supported by the full investment team throughout the program.
Finding attractive venture businesses is not easy.
Venture investing is a competitive environment where many firms are trying to find the "next 🦄"". Our approach is heavily focused on sourcing, where the Analysts are on the front line talking with entrepreneurs. You will be involved in the whole investment process.
- #1 Task - Source the next investment opportunities:
There are over 10 000 new software-driven companies founded per year in Finland, Sweden, and Estonia, of 20 which we aim to invest in on a yearly basis. You will be speaking with founders on a daily basis, analyse the problems they are solving, and learn about their markets.
- Develop investment memos:
The sourcing and analysis work of the best opportunities are summarised in investment memos, which highlights the key reasons of why to invest. You will learn what are considered as interesting investment opportunities.
- Be involved in the deals:
If we get excited about a case, it's time to pursue a deal! You will be exposed to financial modeling, market research, deal negotiation, and due diligence
This is an ideal position if you:
- Are genuinely interested in figuring out what makes a successful tech startup
- Are genuinely interested in finding the next category-defining company
- Are an ultimate team player
- Want to help entrepreneurs win
Contact Rasmus Klärck through LinkedIn or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All backgrounds are welcomed
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English. Finnish, Swedish, and/or Estonian is a plus
- Above basic-level IT skillz and understanding
- +- 1 time zone difference from Helsinki/Stockholm
- (Work experience from tech startups/finance or strong network in Finland, Sweden, and/or Estonia is a huge plus)
We are expecting from you:
- Hunger to win
- Hard work & ethics
- Not afraid to pick up the phone
- Want to build a track record
- Great sense of humor
We are offering you:
- An interesting and rewarding job with cool colleagues and innovative growth companies
- An opportunity for personal development and learning
- Excellent networking opportunities with tech founders
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent office spaces in Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn
- A monthly entry-level salary