Frontline Ventures is a Venture Capital firm with offices in London, Dublin and San Francisco. We invest in B2B software businesses across Europe and the US, and have raised four funds to date. To learn more about our team, take a look at www.frontline.vc/team.
We are now hiring for an Investment Analyst to join the Frontline X team!
Frontline X is our growth fund which invests in US B2B Software businesses at Series B-D. We are unique as a VC fund in that we not only invest in these businesses, but also provide hands-on support to help them expand into Europe.
In this role, you’ll source and analyse promising growth-stage companies, as well as work alongside some of the most exciting companies in the US as they expand internationally.
What the role involves:
- Working as a part of the investment team to source & evaluate investment opportunities:
- Identifying promising B2B businesses and maintaining a pipeline of opportunities for the fund
- Conducting research into new markets & technologies to inform our investment focus
- Assisting with due diligence and building investment cases - conducting commercial & financial analysis on businesses, and writing memos to make the investment case to the broader team
- Consulting with companies as they expand into Europe - working with leadership teams on everything from building go-to-market strategies, to evaluating HQ locations and advising on org design
- Special projects - research into specific aspects of European expansion and developing thought leadership pieces to progress the fund’s subject expertise
The ideal candidate has:
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, likely developed from a background in finance, consulting, or within a startup
- You like exploring new markets and technologies, you pick up new concepts quickly and can distil conclusions from complex and disparate information
- Comfortable conducting financial analysis and building basic models - experience working with Excel is a must, and experience with (or a willingness to learn) Python/R is a plus
- Enthusiasm for software - you have a point of view on market trends, are a great communicator and are willing to debate your views with the wider team
- A genuine interest in the operational aspects of scaling a tech business. We aren’t megaphone-wielding VCs that cheer from the sideline - you must be comfortable getting stuck into work alongside our portfolio companies
This is a full-time opportunity based in our London office. While remote work will be common at Frontline, this Analyst role will be largely office-based to facilitate onboarding and training. You will work as part of a small and senior team distributed across London, Dublin and San Francisco.
If you believe you’re a strong fit, contact anyone you know at Frontline or submit your application using the form at the top of this page. Feel free (but not pressured!) to include anything that will enable us to get to know you better - a blog, GitHub profile, or your go-to karaoke track all welcome.