SYN Ventures is a $200m fund I investing in seed, and series A/B cybersecurity companies. SYN was founded by the former CISO of Blackstone, former VP of Trust and Security at Dropbox, and former CEO of RSA. The team has previously invested in leading security companies like Transmit Security, BigID, Cylance, Optiv, Carbon Black, and more.
We are looking to add an Analyst or Associate with 1–3 years of investment banking, consulting, venture capital, or private equity experience. The Analyst/Associate will primarily focus on analyzing investment opportunities and creating deliverables like financial models and investment memos. They will also be involved in the broader investment process, portfolio management, and fund-level strategy and operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Create concise two-page investment memos that rigorously analyze each investment opportunity
- Create detailed financial models and run analyses using industry knowledge, company research, and pitchbook
- Evaluate new investment opportunities and play an active role in determining which ones to pursue
- Prepare presentation materials, including company overviews and diligence findings
- 1–3 years of full-time work experience in investment banking, consulting, venture capital, or private equity
- Demonstrated skill in constructing financial models using Excel
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of information in a concise manner
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work appropriately with a focus on timelines and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to work in an entrepreneurial, performance-driven culture
For interested candidates, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.