Are you passionate about engaging with healthcare companies in the European startup ecosystem? Enjoy collaborating with experienced investment professionals and having exposure to some of the brightest healthcare entrepreneurs of our time? We look forward to your application!
Earlybird is a venture capital investor focused on European technology companies. Founded in 1997, Earlybird invests in all growth and development phases of a company and supports its portfolio companies with financial resources, strategic support, as well as access to an international network and capital markets. Earlybird invests out of a family of focused and independently-managed funds: Digital West (Western Europe), Digital East (Emerging Europe), Healthcare, UNI-X (University spinoffs), and Growth Opportunity. With EUR 2 billion under management, 8 IPOs, and 30 trade sales, Earlybird is one of Europe’s most established and active venture capital firms.
At Earlybird Health, we focus on improving patient outcomes. With a highly ethical investment approach we aim to support the delivery of new therapies to patients. Our fund invests in innovative companies across the healthcare industry including medical devices, diagnostics, digital health, R&D tools, platform technologies and biopharma. We are looking for a highly motivated and talented individual who is passionate about working with healthcare companies in the European start-up ecosystem to join the Health investment team.
AT EARLYBIRD, YOUR PROJECTS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND TASKS WILL LIKELY INCLUDE:
- Working directly with the investment team and partners to source and evaluate investment opportunities
- Supporting the investment process from deal sourcing to deal closing
- Communication with start-up founders
- Supporting financial, commercial, and legal due diligence in addition to sourcing KOLs
- Preparing briefing documents for investment committee meetings and investment documents
- Leading deep dive projects on certain topics of interest including technological innovation, competitive landscapes and market research
- Building expertise in themes of interest within the healthcare sector – using your background knowledge to identify promising investment opportunities, and present compelling cases to the investment team
- Representing the firm at industry events
WHAT WE HOPE YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Completed education at a top-tier university in Life Sciences, Medical Studies, or Economics (with prior exposure to healthcare) up to PhD / M.D. level
- Excellent academic record and strong analytical skills
- Work experience outside of academia is a strong plus
- Strong interest in technology commercialization
- Strong communication skills and ability to build good relationships with colleagues and partners
- Passion for healthcare, start-ups and the innovation ecosystem, demonstrated either through your career or by your deep involvement in start-up ecosystems alongside your job/education
- Ability to be a self-starter, be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Fluency in English; German is a plus
- EU Work authorization