As an Investment Analyst, Americas (U.S. & LATAM) you are joining a Techstars team responsible for sourcing, recruiting and helping to accelerate the growth of companies in which we invest with a focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. This is a great role for someone starting in or switching into the world of venture and startups.
The role will operate out of Miami for coverage in LATAM and the U.S.
You bring understanding and expertise in productivity tools and have high attention to detail. You will be working in an outward-facing environment interacting with founders in the program, Techstars alumni, and mentors all of whom are our customers or support our customers - the founders. You will oversee the operations and logistics of the screening process for potential companies, the screening process for new mentors, and the engagement process for alumni.
- USD $70,000 - $90,000 per year
- 10% Bonus
- US Benefits
- Identify, source, and enable screening of startups with a focus on diverse and underrepresented CEOs across the U.S. and Latin America.
- Actively recruit and meet companies through various channels including online research, networking events, and referrals from our network
- In support of your program, implement the marketing plan and maintain continuous communication with founders in order to amplify their needs
- Implement network events/programs to support founders and alumni both during the program and outside of the program
- Manage the logistics of the application and onboarding process
- Manage the logistics for the program calendar, mentor schedules, and assure the founders are fully informed about all program facing activities
- Assuring design and development of the program schedule is implemented and clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Develop relationships with entrepreneurial support organizations, the Techstars perk network, and the cross Techstars network that can support our founders
- Provide analysis that supports the writing of investment memos by program team members
- A genuine passion for technology and startups, an entrepreneurial mindset and an insatiable desire to always be learning.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong verbal and written proficiency in business Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Extraordinary ability for self-learning and learning by doing, with a demonstrated ability of learning from available documentation and quickly applying it with little direction.
- Advanced skills with Excel or Google sheets.
- Strong emotional intelligence, active listening skills, and a high level of empathy.
- Proven attention to detail through prior work or life experience
- Comfortable working in ambiguity but with high expectations
- Systems thinker with an eye for things that do not scale and the capability to design new processes and systems for implementation across programs
- Experience working with "No Code" and automation tools like Airtable, Zapier, etc., is a plus
- Experience with recruiting, vetting, or advising entrepreneurs is a plus
- Experience working in early-stage companies or other roles that demonstrate experience in the above responsibilities
- You are available to travel
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications.