At Nauta Capital, we are looking for an Investment Associate to join the investment team in Barcelona working closely with Jordi, Borja, and Victor. We are looking for an excellent professional with a keen interest in innovation, venture capital, and entrepreneurship to help us invest in early-stage B2B technology companies across Europe.
🔎 Whom we are looking for:
- A curious mind and passion for innovation, technology, and software.
- Opinionated yet humble: in our business, we need to have opinions on things to be able to discuss them and make (or help make) decisions; at the same time, we must be open to alternative ideas so we should be humble enough to change our views.
- Smart and fast learner: VC is a fast and ever-changing industry and so are our investments; hence, we are looking for someone autonomous who constantly learns, adapts, and takes the initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills: investment opportunities are generated, won and supported in various ways, and human interaction is key; a VC investment professional must nurture a network of founders, VC peers, and angels to exchange insights and opportunities.
🦺 What you will do on your day-to-day:
- Source, screen, and manage the deal flow of opportunities.
- Conduct due diligence; prepare investment memos, updates, and presentations.
- Evaluate and report on new technologies, markets, business models, and industry trends; develop investment theses.
- Support our portfolio companies in multiple ways: we are at the service of our founders’ vision!
- Represent Nauta Capital in the ecosystem.
📝 Additional info:
- Application period: Until 30th November 2023
- Role type: Permanent
An important note on Diversity:
Following Matthew Syed’s thesis in Rebel Ideas, we want this person to bring diverse thinking to our team. We believe that in the ever-changing world of technology, a successful VC firm needs as much diverse thinking as possible. However, there is an obvious issue with diversity in venture capital. At Nauta, we actively and continuously look to enhance the diversity of our team in all dimensions. We are committed to forming a work environment where any talented people want to come and are able to perform at their best.
We are proud of our group of 20+ talented professionals from several nationalities and varied backgrounds. We have engineers, computer scientists, marketers, economists, physicists, and mathematicians in our team (and even a surfer or two). We particularly encourage applications from groups underrepresented in the Venture Capital industry.