ICONIQ Capital is a privately held investment firm that advises and invests on behalf of select families and organizations. We create investment opportunities and strategies for our clients to manage their lives, philanthropy, and legacy. Differentiated by an exceptional ecosystem of entrepreneurs backing entrepreneurs, our investment platform drives transformation at the intersection of technology and traditional industries. ICONIQ Capital is dedicated to improving the world by channeling ideas, talent, and capital to initiatives that advance society.
The Investment Strategy Group (ISG) is responsible for leading the strategic asset allocation and investment selection for ICONIQ’s family office platform. The ISG Investment Associate will be primarily focused on supporting the entire investment program, including investment selection, fund and co-investment due diligence and monitoring, macro and market research, sourcing, asset allocation, performance analysis, and portfolio strategy. This role offers a high degree of collaboration with senior team members and the ability to drive results for the organization and our families.
- Evaluate investment managers and co-investments across private markets, with a focus on private equity and venture capital.
- Create investment memoranda to present analysis to Investment Committee.
- Build financial models to analyze new investments and monitor existing portfolio.
- Monitoring existing managers and co-investments.
- Building and maintaining investment database and forward calendar of potential opportunities.
- Developing proprietary research on asset classes and portfolio strategy.
- Collaborate with investment operations and family office teams to execute investments.
- Continue to drive improvements in the due diligence and monitoring process.
- 3-5 years of experience in private markets buy-side investing and/or investment banking.
- Prior co-investing or secondaries experience is not required, but preferred.
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement from a top university.
- Passion for private equity investing.
- Understanding of investment principles, corporate finance, and capital markets.
- Team player with a strong work ethic, high integrity, and desire to learn.
- Strong financial modeling (Excel) and presentation skills (PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.