Story Ventures is an NYC-based venture capital fund focused on early stage companies that automate manual processes in legacy industries. Our investments span the automation stack from data capture devices (i.e. sensors), to data aggregators (i.e. APIs), to machine learning (i.e. computer vision). Story focuses primarily on the commercialization of these data technologies, with a concentration in healthcare, automotive, logistics, and industrial automation.
Role Overview Story’s mission is to support best-in-class entrepreneurs at the earliest stages of company creation. This includes financial and operational support, community building, and much more. As part of the investment team, you will have the opportunity to manage and own the following:
● Source and evaluate investment opportunities to grow our community of entrepreneurs.
● Outline and execute diligence of prospective portfolio companies.
● Research new markets and trends to identify investment categories.
● Draft investment memoranda and manage other investment-related internal functions.
● Track portfolio company progress and quarterly metrics.
● You understand the power of connections. You can identify organic growth opportunities with existing relationships and understand how to strategically expand our network to make sure that Story is top of mind for the right people at the right time.
● You understand that the best founders will go nowhere without people supporting them along the way, and are ready to work your hardest to provide this support and guidance.
● You have a thirst for knowledge and research and welcome the task of identifying new themes and trends in the technology sector.
● You have experience with, or demonstrated strong interest in, the data technology landscape.
● You have both strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
● You have a growth mindset and team player mentality.
● You have strong convictions, are comfortable challenging others’ perspectives, and welcome the same.
● You have 2-5 years of work experience.
We are excited to meet a broad set of candidates. If you are interested in joining the Story Ventures team, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “‘Your Name.’ Investment Associate.” and a response to one of the following (500 words or fewer). Bonus points if you make us laugh!
What is an unpopular opinion you hold?
What are your two favorite publicly traded tech companies and why?
What would you title this chapter of your autobiography?