Human Capital is a venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that share this mindset.
In the last 6 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 15 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.3B in total capital committed and we've built a community of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious builders.
Now we're looking to hire an Investment Associate to help write our next chapter.
Be a member of Human Capital’s investment team, a lean and collaborative group of investment professionals who are passionate about backing unreasonably ambitious builders.
You’ll have visibility into our full investment portfolio and help us build rigor, research, and informed curiosity into everything we do.
- Assist in end-to-end due diligence, valuation, and deal execution for new investments
- Help develop, articulate, and document investment theses on portfolio companies
- Identify investment and business opportunity areas by developing theses for incubation projects and driving market research for entrepreneurs-in-residence (EIRs)
- Support portfolio companies by building financial models and crafting fundraising materials
We expect you to have done some of these things, but it’s not required that you’ve done all of them
- At least 1.5 years of experience in management consulting or investment banking and you are eager to become an investor
- As a management consultant, you may have experience deconstructing industries from conducting commercial due diligence projects for private market investors
- As a banker, you've built a strong skill set in financial modeling and decomposing businesses
- You’re intellectually rigorous and relentlessly inquisitive. You seek truth wherever it takes you and get energy from deconstructing businesses to a few core principles & assumptions
- You thrive in high throughput, sprint-style work, given the current ecosystem and deal flow
- You get joy from investing and helping founders build their businesses
- You believe entrepreneurship has the power to make a difference and the potential to solve meaningful problems You’re excited to come up with the ideas and theses to incubate some of these businesses