btov is one of Europe’s leading Venture Capital firms and has been backing outstanding European startups in non-obvious digital and industrial technologies since 2000. Our unfair advantage is the unique combination of dedicated fund teams and Europe's strongest network of private investors and entrepreneurs.
btov invested roughly EUR 100m last year in early-stage, high-growth companies with initial ticket sizes ranging from EUR 0.5m to 3.5m. With offices in Berlin, Munich, St. Gallen, Zurich and Luxembourg, the firm has close to EUR 600m in assets under management. btov has backed 100+ companies around the globe including DeepL, Finanzcheck, foodspring, Healx, Raisin, Seven Senders, SumUp, and Volocopter.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Location: Berlin or Zurich
🚀 Your mission:
As Investment Controller you will deliver flawless operational preparation and execution of all investments across btov, and ensure their ongoing performance measurement.
🤓 Your role:
As part of btov’s Operations, you will work closely with btov’s Investment teams on the compliant and smooth execution of 20+ new investments per year (plus follow-on rounds) across our Luxembourg-based funds and other investment vehicles by:
- Modeling of cap table scenarios for investment preparation
- Leading the operational investment execution (including subscription forms and capital calls)
- Preparing invoicing records for Finance
- Fund reporting based on portfolio data
- Valuation and risk management
- Cap table management in Ledgy, a portfolio company of ours
- Continuously improving our operational processes
🧩 Your profile:
- You have a degree in business, accounting, finance or related disciplines.
- You have 2-3 years of relevant work experience in finance, transaction management / M&A, controlling or fund administration, e.g. with a VC/PE fund, an auditing or consulting company.
- You are detail-oriented with the ability to multitask, prioritize and execute projects diligently.
- You have excellent spreadsheet skills and you’re willing to learn new tools quickly.
- You are a self-starter, able to work independently, and take ownership in a high-intensity environment.
- You are a team player with a strong work ethic, humility, and a collaborative mindset.
- Fluent written and spoken German (at least C1 level) and English are a must.
👋 Your benefits:
- Work in a fast-paced environment with highly ambitious team members serving stellar tech entrepreneurs and one of Europe‘s most active angel community
- Central office locations in Berlin Mitte and Zurich Stadelhofen
- Flexible and remote working options
- Opportunities for further education and personal development
- 30 days of paid vacation per year
- Membership for sports and wellness, among others
- Please send your CV via JOIN
- Selected candidates will then meet our CFO and other Investment Team members via Zoom first, and at a later stage in our office in person.
We look forward to hearing from you!