We are seeking a self-driven and proactive individual to join us on our mission of investing and supporting transformative, cutting-edge technologies in the region. As an Investment Director with Cocoon Capital, you will play a key role in supporting our end-to-end fund management activities across all our markets. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead follow-on investments into Cocoon portfolio companies at the Series A, B and C rounds
- Liaise with stakeholders including founders, limited partners, investors, corporates and financial institutions with key responsibilities to build relationships and facilitate / support strategic collaboration
- Source and manage pre-seed and seed-stage investment opportunities across Southeast Asia from inception to exit
Investment Director responsibilities:
- Fine-tune and execute our funds’ investment strategies.
- Source investments from a wide variety of channels including accelerators, industry events and 1-on-1 founder meetings.
- Manage all deal execution aspects including, but not limited to, risk and market assessment, competitor analysis, due diligence, term sheet development and the preparation of final investment agreements.
- Prepare and develop investment thesis and presentation materials to the Investment Committee.
- Monitor and manage the performance of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Work with portfolio companies and serve as a resource in value creation initiatives to grow the business by improving business processes and strengthening management talent.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders including founders, current and potential limited partners, investors, corporates including industry contacts and senior management at target/partner companies.
- Define compliance and reporting needs and monitor reports to understand trends, issues and opportunities.
- Maintain strong corporate governance both internally and across our fund portfolios.
- Support investor relations as well as fundraising activities for future funds.
- Master’s degree in business administration or equivalent
- A clear passion for tech companies with at least 4 years of experience from technology startups and/or venture capital
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Candidates with active ties to global investment networks or VC communities are preferred
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and networking skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships
- Strong analytical capability, ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions and recommendations
- Excellent organisational skills with highly developed problem-solving skills
- The ability to work pro-actively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to operate autonomously with minimal oversight
- Strength in synthesizing disparate information into key takeaways that support decisions.
- Apply strong financial chops by crunching numbers and analyzing business fundamentals.