OpenView is a leading venture capital firm with a focus on expansion stage software companies. While you may not know us, we bet you know our portfolio: Calendly, Expensify, and Datadog just to name a few. Our mission to improve people’s working lives permeates everything we do – from our investment strategy and how we work with our portfolio to firm operations and how we support our employees. At OpenView, you will be surrounded by intelligent, innovative, creative people who strive to make a difference.
As an intern at OpenView, we will look to you to support our Investment Team by sourcing and identifying new companies to fill our top of funnel and assisting with conducting market research and initial outreach to key contacts and customers to help us advance our investment process.
- Learn more about the pre-investment process, from sourcing a company to investment decision making.
- Gain understanding of all of the different types of Software companies that are out there - you will learn about a new software company everyday!
- Develop your cold outreach skills which can be applicable to many careers whether it’s B2B Sales or Venture Capital
- Work with an awesome and collaborative team, and most importantly... have a ton of fun.
About the role:
- Support the investment team by doing research and initial outreach to customers or related contacts on prospects
- Strategically find a way to break in to set up meetings with market experts or customers to help advance a deal
- Craft creative and effective messaging to send to companies that are in our pipeline
- Develop your sourcing skills by finding companies that have potential for OpenView and work with the investment team on delivering initial touchpoints
- Make updates to our learning software as needed when new trainings are delivered or processes are updated
- You are interested in learning more about software
- You like to learn new tools
- You are highly self-motivated and have a passion for learning new things
- You are a clear communicator and you enjoy building relationships with new people.
- You are a fast learner.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You work collaboratively but also enjoy working independently.
- You have high expectations for yourself and your professional development and want to be in an environment that fosters learning and growth.
- It is evident that you’re a self-starter based on academic performance and extracurricular activities
- Junior-Senior preferred