Cherry Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm led by a team of entrepreneurs with experience building fast-scaling companies such as Zalando and Spotify.
The firm backs Europe's boldest founders, usually as their first institutional investor, and supports them in everything from their go-to-market strategy and the scaling of their businesses. Cherry Ventures has previously invested in the seed stage of over 50 companies across Europe, including FlixBus, Auto1 Group, Infarm, Rows, Forto, and TourRadar. Cherry Ventures is based in Berlin and invests across Europe with operations in London, Paris, and Stockholm.
We are looking for an additional team member (m/f) to join our Finance Team (note not Investment Team) as Intern as of September or 2021. The duration of the internship must be of at least 4 months (or more), so you can make the best out of it.
As part of the Investment & Finance Team, you will:
- Work closely together with an entrepreneurial team with background in Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Investment Banking
- Prepare fundraising material, portfolio and KPI analysis incl. portfolio monitoring
- Get exposure to a professional set of investors and law firms
- Be involved in fund finance activities
- Contribute to building a world-class early-stage venture capital fund by taking on additional responsibilities
Key requirements include:
- Strong analytical background, extremely well-versed in working with quantitative data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Obtained your degree at a top tier university in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or similar fields or have prior experience in the sector
- Basic understanding of P&L, balance sheets, and cash flows
- You hold an international and multicultural mindset/background
- English working proficiency
Not mandatory, but a big plus:
- Prior experience in a startup, VC/PE fund, consulting, or banking
- German working proficiency
What can you expect?
- A very open and diverse role within a fast-paced environment surrounded by a talented, supportive, and international group of people
- A great and modern office in the heart of Berlin
- You will play an active part in building the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Berlin and Europe
- Learn a great deal about how a VC fund works, investing in startups, building companies, and innovation
Cherry Ventures embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are highly committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.