MarketX is a one-stop shop for investors to gain access to leading growth-stage and pre-IPO companies globally via direct investments and thematic portfolios, all in one efficient platform. We work with more than 300 family offices and thousands of high-net-worth individuals across the globe.
You would play a pivotal role in building the platform that would enable trading of top global Pre-IPO companies like Bytedance, Grab, Impossible Foods, Warung Pindar, Epic Games, Flutterwave etc. To date, we have completed a couple of hundred million in transaction size with some of the fastest-growing brands in the world. As a MarketX leader, you will have exclusive access to invest in these global pre-IPO companies firsthand, alongside our clients. Join our team and work alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry to build the wealth container of tomorrow.
About The Role
MarketX Ventures is looking for an Investment Manager to lead the investment execution, post investment reporting, and contribute to the investor relation functions at the firm. In this role, you will work closely with the firm’s General Partners to source, evaluate, and invest in competitive early-stage startups. You will join a team that is focused on elevating the standard of excellence and rigor in early-stage sourcing, due diligence, and deal execution. The position also demands leading due diligence, leading and advocating for investments, and joining portfolio boards, while simultaneously building personal relationships and thought leadership in the community.
We are taking on the biggest banks and FinTechs around the world, therefore we seek professionals with an unparalleled understanding of the fintech world and a relentless approach to financial innovation in order to level the playing field for retail investors.
We want to hire a team member who brings intellectual horsepower, the ability to juggle different tasks with attention to detail, while having the ability to lead and guide this function at MarketX Ventures. We work best with people who are collaborative, versatile, curious, hard-working and always ready to pitch in.
- Investment Strategy: Help build and expand the firm’s investment strategy, enabling us to build out a leading practice over multiple years that enables us to source, win, and add value to billion-dollar companies. Identify the technology market waves that will be driving the growth of these companies and enable the firm to invest in the best companies riding these waves. Help the team to build and expand investment frameworks to evaluate and select the highest-potential companies in these categories.
- Team Building: Help the team to build a world-class investing practice, with prioritization on helping to add additional individuals who can help to source and win companies that can reach billion-dollar scale. Help the firm add current operators and founders with deep experience to our Venture Partner program.
- Investment Sourcing, Evaluation, and Winning: Investment pipeline management and vetting for highest priority investments, organize sourcing and screening efforts, work on high priority due diligence, and use our proprietary technology and networks to source high quality investments. Work with the General Partners to negotiate, structure, and win investments.
- Relationship building: Deepen relationships with top seed and early stage investors, founders, accelerators, portfolio companies, universities and other VC’s that can help us source billion-dollar companies.
- Corporate Development: Work closely with high-growth portfolio company management teams to assess re-investment opportunities or exit opportunities by engaging with Corporate Development leaders from large tech companies and tech bankers who orchestrate M&As and IPOs.
Job & Skill Requirements:
- At least 3-5+ years of experience in Venture Capital, Startup, or Angel investing. Priority placed on individuals who have experience in venture capital, private equity, or technology companies, having played an important role in founding, building, or investing in companies that have reached large scale and exits.
- Ability to help MarketX develop proprietary investment frameworks and theses to enable the firm to source, evaluate, and win investments in category defining companies.
- If previously worked in Venture Capital, demonstrated ability to source high-quality investments that have exited or attracted competitive follow-on funding.
- Ability to perform venture capital valuation, income statement analysis, underlying unit economics analysis, total addressable market analysis, and develop research on markets that may not exist.
- Ability to translate technical and operational skills to strong investment acumen over the long term, specifically in categories listed above.
- Strong understanding of venture capital deal terms.
- Excellent ability to listen, understand, connect and build strong relationships.
- Excellent business judgment, interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Time management and team coordination, and strong ability to multitask.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation including base and commission
- Opportunity to join a high-growth startup in a $220 trillion dollar industry
- Chance to interact with top pre-IPO companies both in the US and abroad
- Opportunity to revolutionize how shareholders, startups, and investors interact and transact