BECO Capital is an early stage venture capital firm in Dubai, UAE, providing growth capital and hands-on operational support to early stage technology ventures in the MENA region. At BECO, we are constantly looking for entrepreneurial people to join our team that have a shared mission of transforming the development of the Middle East through technology and innovation.
This is an Investment Manager role where you will gain a deep understanding of the technologies that are changing the Middle East for the better. Being a part of close-knit team will allow you to immerse yourself deep into deals and portfolio companies, provide insights on transactions, and be the interface between BECO and our founders.
An ideal candidate should work with us from our Dubai office and prepared to start immediately. Please don't hesitate to apply should you be based outside of the UAE. The main responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following activities:
- Performing market research for potential investments. This can include researching themes and sector trends, comparable companies, market dynamics and drivers to derive insights.
- Conduct product and service testing for specific companies and provide thorough summary of the experience with feedback (as well as product comparisons).
- Prepare in-depth and robust models from scratch for each analyzed opportunity (web analytics, market sizing, unit economics, CAC/LTV modeling, cohort analysis etc.).
- Collect all relevant research and analysis required for compiling investment memos for new and existing opportunities. Contribute to creating all IM’s from initial memos all the way up to follow-on memos.
- Review legal documentation for each investment opportunity (term sheets, shareholder agreements, subscription agreements, etc.) and work with legal providers to manage the legal due diligence process.
- Perform valuation modeling on each investment opportunity and carry out sensitivity analysis to address risks and produce differentiated scenarios to test IRRs and investment hurdles.
-Track macro trends globally and in the Middle East as it pertains to the technology sector and our portfolio companies.
- Reporting to BECO investors, which includes helping value investments, writing quarterly updates, and packaging material for BECO investors.
- 3-6 years of relevant experience preferably working for a top tier VC, Investment Bank, PE, SWF, or Management Consulting firm within a transaction setting.
-Strong passion for technology and a deep understanding of the ecosystem of web and mobile services.
- A self-starter with strong drive and the ability to self-direct/manage their own time and productivity.
- Strong research skills, analytical and thought leadership skills.
- Incessant curiosity, original and thoughtful thinker, and the ability to think outside the box.
- Strong interpersonal skills who can liaise with multiple stakeholders, from founders to investors and experts.
- Excellent organizational skills, meticulous work habits, and ability manage the documents for a large portfolio of companies.
- Calculated risk taker with works with speed.
- Autonomy - to be able to run a diligence exercise with confidence and clarity.
- Understand the business/model and what metrics drives its success in depth.
- Ability to juggle more than one task at once (i.e. two or three companies simultaneously that are in deep diligence).
We look forward to learning more about you! Thank you for considering BECO!