We are a Pan-European venture capital firm built on the conviction that companies that define the technology-sustainability-accessibility revolution will drive asymmetric positive outcomes in the next 50 years.
FPC currently invests in early-stage companies that leverage advanced technologies (e.g. machine learning, advanced materials, synthetic biology, robotics) to tackle pressing global problems in themes such as climate technologies, assistive technologies, or sustainable industry.
We invested in inspiring companies such as Cervest, Cowboy, Dendra Systems, Lightsense Technologies, Clue and Meatable. More about the Future Positive companies < here >
We are thrilled to expand our team to bring onboard a Principal / Investment Manager with a passion for technology and entrepreneurship to become a core member of the venture investment team and work closely with the team across all his portfolio companies.
The ideal candidate will also enjoy enhancing her/his professional development in an environment promoting excellence, integrity and growth.
She/he will be able to scope this role and, above all, will be able to grow professionally alongside the company.
We are at the beginning of our journey.
About the role:
As Principal, you are responsible for providing investment and portfolio support to a wide variety of matters, including:
- Support Partners across their investments
- Work with the investment team to evaluate and manage the European deal-flow
- Conduct the whole investment process (market analysis, negotiation of deal terms, financial and commercial due diligence, oversight of legal workflow)
- Portfolio support: help manage the existing FPC portfolio.
- Build expertise / deep dives across key sectors through thematic research and knowledge acquisition (e.g. menopause, ocean tech, green chemistry) to build and maintain an edge when speaking with technical founders
- Build and maintain an active co-investor network with Tier 1 venture firms across Europe, including in key cities like Paris, London, Berlin, Stockholm and Amsterdam
- Network: Represent the firm at industry events across Europe
First, you share our values and work culture based on:
- Purpose: you (genuinely) care about our mission ;
- Excellence: if better is possible, then good is not enough ;
- Integrity: you have strong ethical or moral principles and follow them at all times; you act with honesty, honour, and truthfulness ;
- Growth and empowerment: you are willing to learn and always looking for new ways to grow within the company ;
- Drive and commitment: you dream big and want to unleash your potential, and the one of each person you work with ;
- Ownership: you are a self-learner and enjoy being in a fast-growing environment, owning things end-to-end; you excel at anticipating and addressing needs ;
- Positivity: you are empathetic, open, and calm even under pressure; you exhibit energy and a "can-do" attitude.
- Quiet ego: your sense of self transcends egoism; you are humble, easy to work with and open to different perspectives and experimentation ;
- Excellent academic record, PHD a strong plus ;
- Min 6 years of prior work experience in venture capital of excellent notoriety; successful company related to FPC thesis; M&A in the tech sector or VC ecosystems such as an incubator or accelerator ;
- Fluent in English (we operate in English), and additional language such a German, French or Spanish is a plus ;
- Familiarity working with international teams and across cultures
- Drive for results and teachable ;
- Ability to understand and synthesize large quantities of information quickly ;
- Ability to analyze investment opportunities ;
- Ability to build and defend a conviction ;
- Interest knowledge of the technology sectors, with a specific interest in startups solving global challenges ;
- Network in the European tech ecosystem, a plus ;
- Strong excel skills ;
- Strong writing and memo-drafting skills in English ;
We operate in English, so complete fluency in English is required, and additional language such a German, French or Spanish is a plus.