Human Capital is a venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that share this mindset.
In the last 6 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 15 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.3B in total capital committed and we've built a community of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious builders.
Now we’re looking for an Investment Operations Associate for our investment team to help write our next chapter.
We’re looking for individuals who have a knack for organizing and streamlining systems and processes. You’ll partner closely with our investment team as we build our systems for engaging with the world’s best founders and future founders. You’ll work to help us meet high level investment goals while playing a critical role in creating scalable processes for the firm’s overall investment strategy.
- Support a team of investment professionals meeting thousands of exceptional founders & future founders
- Implement systems that provide for our investment team’s unique outreach & tracking needs
- Develop reporting and analytics to drive actionable insights and to develop a concrete recommendations for future founder engagement
We expect you to have done some of these things, but it’s not required that you’ve done all of them.
- In past roles, you’ve demonstrated close attention to detail, and excellent written/verbal communication skills
- You have experience building behind-the-scenes processes & reporting systems
- You’ve worked in fast-paced environments, juggling many balls at once
- Prior experience in management consulting and/or investment banking is preferred, but not required
- You’re a team player: You’re always willing to roll up your sleeves; no matter who you are helping, you do whatever it takes to get the job done. No job is too small
- You’re methodical: You take pride in being able to systematically think through all the implications of a decision or systems design choice, and you can think through how each decision affects all stakeholders
- You’re process-driven: You like routine and order, so much so that you can rally your peers around “following the plan”
- You’re passionate about tech: You love researching emerging technology and venture, and are excited to learn more about and interact with the incredible founders & companies we’ve invested in