High-level: Source and speak to the most exciting developer-focused tech start-ups across the globe.
Detail: Headline is hiring an investor who will be supporting our early and growth investment teams by sourcing and speaking to the most promising start-ups to help us determine their fit as an investment prospect for Headline. The individual we are looking for will specifically focus on developer tools and infrastructure software.
Time Requirement: Investor will manage own schedule in East, Central or Pacific time zones
Tasks and Role Expectations:
- Speak to CEOs and founders from exciting North American or European start-ups each week
- Synthesize notes and key takeaways from conversations with founders
- Summarize most compelling opportunities and report these to team members focused on infrastructure and B2B SaaS
- Build a network in the start-up and venture capital ecosystem
- Create market research for Headline investment areas within infrastructure and B2B SaaS
- This role will present candidate with unique opportunity to build extensive tacit knowledge and domain expertise after talking with hundreds of founders building infrastructure software
- Naturally build a network with up-and-coming entrepreneurs in the US and EU
- Jumpstart a career in start-ups, tech, or venture capital
- Join an experienced team with a flat hierarchy
- Excellent conversation and people skills
- Software developer skills or related degree (baseline understanding of developer / software infra tools)
- One-year practical experience in start-ups or tech