The Imaginary Ventures team is growing! We’re looking for a Junior Associate to serve as a key resource and partner to our investment team on deal execution.
The right candidate will have strong quantitative and analytical skills. The person in this role will assist in deal execution and will manage continuous improvement of internal reporting and deal tracking.
- Identify and track trends and market developments in the consumer space
- Complete sector-specific deep dives to help map interesting investment opportunities and prepare internal investment memos
- Conduct market sizing, financial analysis, competitive landscape research, reference checks, due diligence, and other quantitative modeling
- Work directly with the investment team on day-to-day sourcing and firm activities
- Summarize call notes and enter deals into internal tracking systems
- Improve internal reporting and deal tracking
- Assist the firm’s partners in ongoing fundraising efforts
- Work closely with portfolio companies on an ongoing basis from the initial diligence and closing process through to exit
- An Excel whiz -> Your modeling skills are unmatched and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and crunch some numbers.
-Startup curious -> You have a demonstrated interest or experience in startups, bonus points if ecommerce & retail are your jam!
-A voracious researcher -> Once you get curious about something, you can’t help but to take a deep dive. You will look beyond technical product details to deeply understand the market and customer.
-Familiar with venture capital -> Whether you’ve spent time working in venture or you’ve helped to scale a venture-backed business, you have a baseline knowledge of the space.
-2-4 years experience , ideally across banking, consulting, venture or startup operations
- Ability to work in our Manhattan office
Imaginary is a stage and geography agnostic venture capital firm that invests in exciting opportunities in the consumer & consumer enablement spaces. Imaginary has a strong focus on ecommerce brands and technology infrastructure with active investments in SKIMS, Everlane, Glossier, Daily Harvest, Good American, Thirty Madison, Farfetch, Stripe, Grin, and others. Imaginary is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse team. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.