Nama Ventures is a pre-seed & seed stage technology venture capital fund focused on fueling tech innovation, particularly in Saudi Arabia. We focus on early stage technology investments across all sectors and seed disruptive solutions to current industry problems.
We value putting our entrepreneurs first and foremost. We operate off of transparency, data, integrity, hustle, kindness, and a desire to be best in class, whilst still having fun.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for generating and sharing insights that support our investment process.
Your research will guide our investors to make better decisions, have more informed conversations with stakeholders in the industry and speed up their understanding of a particular market opportunity.
Venture Capital Analyst Role Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary interface for all internal research requests and run Nama Ventures’s research initiatives
- Contribute to market knowledge: stay abreast of emerging tech trends; monitor companies’ activities, produce research reports on specific verticals we are investigating
- Analyze investment opportunities and support investment team on due diligence: ie. financial modelling, market research, financial reports analyses
- Prepare and contribute to investment memos and quarterly strategy reviews
- Manage and review all third-party research supplier relationships (existing & new)
- Develop and grow relationships with analysts and relevant stakeholders in the tech ecosystem
- Develop technical skills on market data service providers
- Be a resource and a lending hand to technology startups that engage with our fund
We’re looking for:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in research, consulting, investment banking position or strategy, corporate development role at a high-growth start-up
- Academic achievement, sound judgment, attention to detail and analytical skills in areas of high complexity
- An ability to work autonomously and run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- A curious and inquisitive nature, comfortable with ambiguous settings
- An interest in start-ups, entrepreneurship, investments and financial analysis; a passion for research and learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, a proactive action-oriented approach and a strong work ethic. A good sense of humour and desire to get ‘stuck in’
- Having done a startup, more importantly a failed one, is a HUGE plus.
- Entrepreneurial atmosphere with exposure to venture capital
- Working closely with the senior investment team
- Central location in the tech hub of Riyadh